Dixie 3 Highlands 0

Dixie wins the Jim Conner Classic. Outstanding job on the mound by Dixie's Matt Nichols who held the Birds to 3 hits and struck out 15 batters. Nichols also had a HR. Oliver Head for the Birds also pitched good only allowing 3 hits.

Dixie wins the Jim Conner Classic. Outstanding job on the mound by Dixie's Matt Nichols who held the Birds to 3 hits and struck out 15 batters. Nichols also had a HR. Oliver Head for the Birds also pitched good only allowing 3 hits.

Nichols is the best I have seen this year in NKY...

Nichols is the best I have seen this year in NKY...

We all knew that, even prior to the start of this season! :D.

Pity the team that draws Nichols in his start in the Ninth Region, and I wonder if the Dixie coach will this year, throw the dice and pray one of the other Dixie pitchers come up big, so it isn't a one and done deal.

We all knew that, even prior to the start of this season! :D.

Pity the team that draws Nichols in his start in the Ninth Region, and I wonder if the Dixie coach will this year, throw the dice and pray one of the other Dixie pitchers come up big, so it isn't a one and done deal.

I know I was just stating the obvious, but he still had to go get it done, and he has to this point of the season.