What is wrong with Whitley County

bball king

I don't think you can say anything is wrong, they are just having some bad breaks right now. The program did not down slide over night and it won't be fixed over night.

What is right is this.....

1. They are very young and going to get better, starting four sophs. on the offensive line. One freshman on defense with several sophs playing defense too. The kids play and work hard!

2. Jim Black is the hardest working coach I have seen. He is doing things right and rebuilding the program, but there are going to be some growing pains. The kids play and Work hard!

3. The kids have a great work ethic and do not ever give up. The kids play and work hard!

4. The Colonels are team oriented and with great bonds between the players and coaches. The kids play and work hard

5. The numbers are up! The freshmen class is large and Coach Black was able to retain almost all of the soph. class, (last years FR) The kids play and work hard!

6. The Freshmen and Sophs bought in to what Coach Black is teaching, the Jrs for most part are on board, and the seniors are getting on the beam. The kids work and play hard!

I really don't think much is wrong that time and maturity won't fix, and they are getting better every game so, be patient, support the kids and cheer them on.

Oh yeah, did I say that the kids work and play hard!!!!!!

What needed to be fixed with the program? I think Jim Black is an excellent coach. But to say the program was at a demise under Mike Campbell's tenure is wrong. Campbell had the program where it needed to be. Some of the powers that be wanted to bring in a Coach from Cumberland College. That didn't work out. Then they brought in Black to be the savior. Black went from Class A to 5A. That is a huge step. Give him time, support the kids and coaches, but don't say he had anything to fix, because there was nothing broke.