Question about Transferring during the school year.

If a player transfers after school has started can they be eligible at there new school the same year. Please understand that the family has moved to a new job several hours away.

First question involves their previous varsity experience, if any. If they have played varsity, then the test comes into play.

The fact that the family moved several hours away for a new job would make me think the KHSAA would waive the one year sit .

If the child has never played varsity, they'd be eligible right away at the new school.

They have played varsity for three years since 8th grade, started last year as a sophomore. But as stated new job is several hours away and is a legitimate change in residence. They really dont want to move but job is a better career choice for the players father.

They have played varsity for three years since 8th grade, started last year as a sophomore. But as stated new job is several hours away and is a legitimate change in residence. They really dont want to move but job is a better career choice for the players father.

I'd say that the KHSAA would most likely rule the child eligible at the new school. I'd get the new school's AD on it asap.