Boone/Conner Updates

98NCCalum

I'm surprised Conner is this bad. Big school, some good athletes there, good head coach. They are getting absolutely mauled week in and week out.

Conner really isn't "this bad". They're an extremely young team finding their way. They are full of talent and promise with, I agree, a good head coach. Don't rule them out...the season is early.

Head Coach has alot to overcome.......but it is true that the Sophomore class has some talent and a few Juniors as well. The Senior class has a few players but for the most part the class as a whole has not stepped up.

The O line stands straight 50% of the time or more.....and give the Sophmore QB little or no time to use his very capable arm. We have no dependable upper classmen Running backs that are bruisers or with speed and the line gives them very little holes to run through. The receivers are still missing routes and rarely come back to the QB when he is in trouble.

The option, which is something apparently the coach has used at other schools does not set up well with this team and is executed poorly so far.

Unless guys start clicking and doing the work....this is going to be another very dismal season for the Cougars. They do not appear to be be able to play agressive enthusiastic football with all 11 players at the same time, and that makes it difficult to dig yourselves out of a hole and build on the season.

In my opinion the school has been in a downward spiral for about 3 years. There are many reasons other than athletes or the lack of. Conner is a big school population wise, but it is over crowded and under managed, some groups do decent jobs but there is not a "togetherness" between all of them.

That being said......Schools that are not 'powerhouses" and are run poorly have bigger lows in their "peeks and valleys" and take the biggest hits when there are down. This is definately a down trend for Conner and only time will tell if they can utilize the young talent to get them out of it.