LL softball district and state tournaments coming up!

I understand the minor league and little league fastpitch state tourney will be in Russell Springs. The junior league and senior league tourneys will be in Paintsville. Normally, they have them all at the same place, but congrats to both locations for hosting these state tourneys!

Are their any rules differences in High School and like 13-14; 15-16 age divisions?

A few in Little league 11-12. They used to use the 11" ball, but this year went to the 12" ball used in middle and high school. GREAT idea, should have happened years ago. You can't leave the base until it crosses the plate whereas in middle and high school (and ASA, USSSA, etc) you can leave when it leaves the pitchers hand. You can't run on a dropped 3rd strike as you can in school ball.

In 13-14 and 14-15, I don't know if there are many differences, including the ones for 11-12. They all pitch from the 40' distance from 11 up, just like school ball.

I got conned into umpiring a game tonight, had already put my gear up since high school season. The guy who ask me to do it didn't know if any rule differences.

Congratulations! No better way to make parents angry right off the bat then to put on the umpiring gear! ;)

I admire umps. I have officiated football for several years, but baseball or softball has so many opportunities to make (or blow) calls during a game that I don't think I could do it. Parents right on top of you. Oh my! You have my respect!