Bowling Green 78 Warren Central 54 (14th District Championship)

Now THAT, is what I expected to happen in the game last month at Bowling Green.  After a moderate period of feeling each other out for the first 2-3 minutes, Bowling Green jumped all over the Dragons and pretty much never let up until the end.  I lost track, but I'm pretty sure Bowling Green scored the first 8-9 points of the game, and it was never closer than 7 after the first quarter.  Bowling Green hit two threes in the previous game - they hit that in the first quarter and eventually got nine on the night.  Everything was clicking for them, as the guard play looked dominant and Ritter was steady.  Banks had another big game again - I was told 21 points.  Jace Wardlow had a nice game, and Deuce had a lot of juice.  Neither team looked like they were doing anything special, just roll the ball out and play.  And when that happens, you expect the more talented team to do exactly what we saw here.  Bowling Green wins their ninth district title in the last 11 seasons and gains their largest victory over Warren Central since the state title year.  Unless I see something that I haven't seen from anyone else all year and ESPECIALLY haven't seen this week, it'll be these two again in 11 days. 

• Like 4