2024 Interview with Luke Toothaker from Franklin County High School, Ky Who is getting Ivy League Looks

Luke Toothaker 

Franklin county 

I’ve played tight end and defensive end.

What were the high and low points of the 2023 season?

Highs, I would say, were going into the playoffs with a 10-0 regular season.

The lowest point of the season was the ending.
We studied Boyle County all year, but in our semifinal game against them, we lost 44-14.

What was your biggest accomplishment during the 2023 season?

Our team became the winningest team in school history, going 13-1, as well as me filling in my role and my part on the team.

During the 2023 season, who was the best player you faced in a game along. with the team he played for?

Montavin Quisenberry of Boyle County was the best player we faced all season. He had fast acceleration as well as being shifty.

During the regular season, which road stadium had the best overall atmosphere?

Playing on the road week 1 against Great Crossing was the best away game atmosphere. The stands were packed, and it was a late-night game.

During the regular season, which road stadium was the worst to have played in?

Henry County, by far, has Muddy Grass Field right next to a cow farm.

What are you going to miss the most from the 2024 class?

There were a lot of solid guys on the team that I will miss this next season.

If you could change one rule in high school football, what would it be?

As an edge, I would for sure say roughing the passer; refs have gotten too easy with throwing a flag at anytime the QB is touched.

What changes would you make as far as the playoff system goes in Kentucky?

I think the playoff system is good as it is. Teams with the highest RPI should be able to stay home for most playoff games.

Going into the state semi-final game against the machine known as Boyle County, how confident were you?

I was very confident in myself and my guys; we were a young team, but nobody was doubtful or not confident in themselves or each other.

Would you share with the readers some of the schools that are recruiting you?

Some of the schools that are recruiting me currently are most of the Ivy League schools, mainly Yale, Brown, Cornell, and Harvard, as well as Academy schools like Army and Navy, as well as some other FCS schools like Weber State and EKU. Currently, my only two offers are from Yale and EKU.

What has been the best and worst part of the recruiting process so far?

The best part is definitely seeing the opportunities football has given you and knowing that the countless hours of hard work that you’ve put in have paid off.

The worst part would have to be stressing about what school and program are best for you and knowing that you will have to make that decision.

If you could add one new team to the Franklin County schedule, who would it be, along with the reason you want to play that team?

Covington Catholic, We haven’t gotten to play them yet, and they are new to 4A. Franklin County is commonly overlooked, and I want people to see that we can hang out and compete with the big teams in the state like Cov Cath, Corbin, and Boyle County.

What is one food you refuse to eat?

Mayonnaise ain’t no way 

What is your favorite class or subject?

English 

What scares you?

Outside of football, I am just not successful or able to provide for my family and those around me.

Link to the interview with pics
https://hearltlandfan15.blogspot.com/2024/02/2024-interview-with-luke-toothaker-from.html

• Like 3