2024 Interview with D-Lineman Jace Hatfield from Corbin High School, Ky.

Jace Hatfield

Corbin High School

Defensive Tackle 

How long have you played football, and what keeps you playing?

I have been playing football ever since I can remember; football is something I’ve done ever since I was eight, and I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon. What makes me keep playing football is my family and my faith in the Lord. I have a dream of playing football for the glory of God and want to praise him for everything I have and will accomplish.

What makes playing for Corbin so special?

Corbin is like a family. Families fight with one another, but at the end of the day, they love you. I get this with Corbin, and getting to see our stands packed on Friday night only helps push me to play better.

What is the most difficult part of playing high school football?

The most difficult part is the practice. You have to strengthen your mind in order to go through our practices and get better.

You are listed on your Hudl page as playing DT and DE. Of the two, which one do you feel you are better at?

DT because I feel the strongest there with my explosiveness and strength.

In watching some of your highlights on Hudl, you make it look easy coming off of a block to swallow the ball carrier. What do you feel is your biggest strength as a defensive lineman?

My biggest strength has to be my explosiveness and effort. I try my hardest to make a play, even though it is tempting to want to take a play off.

What do you feel you need to improve the most to become a more dominant player this season?

I have to keep working on my explosiveness and building strength so I can be the most effective player on the field.

What have you been able to accomplish during the off-season to aid you in becoming a better player?

I have been able to set a hard workout schedule, and I try to keep my diet clean.

Who is the best player you have ever played in a game, along with the team he played for?

The best player I have ever played with was Jerod Smith. He played with us last season, and he was the biggest inspiration to me. I felt like I gained a lot from learning and practicing with him over the course of the season.

In looking at only the road games you have played in, which stadium had the best overall atmosphere, along with the reasons it was so good?

The best overall atmosphere has to be playing at Kroger Field for the state championship my sophomore year. 

Staying with the road game theme. Which road stadium is the worst to play in, and why is it so bad?

The worst stadium has to be Lexington Catholic because they have the worst turf I have played on. In the first play of the game, I had turf on both of my arms from top to bottom.

Can you name some of the schools that are recruiting you?

Marshall and Cumberlands

If you could pick any stadium, college or pro, to play a game in, which stadium are you playing in, along with the reason you chose the stadium?

I would play at Kroger Field because it is an awesome stadium.

What is one food you refuse to eat?

One food I would not eat is Brussels sprouts.

Who are your favorite and least favorite college football teams?

Kentucky is one of my favorites, and I don’t really dislike a school.

What is your favorite class or subject?

I enjoy our HVAC classes at our high school.

Link to article with pics
https://hearltlandfan15.blogspot.com/2024/02/2024-interview-with-d-lineman-jace.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1