NKY Girls Basketball Top 10 (1/2/24)

Happy New Year!!  I hope your 2024 is off to a great start.  Please find below our NKY Girls Top 10 this week, and you'll probably find as little movement as we've had from one week to the next.  In full disclosure, there were three spots where I considered flipping teams, but in all 3 cases they had played head-to-head and I defaulted to the winning team in those match-ups (Ryle & Holy Cross, Campbell County & Brossart, and Dixie & Grant County).  As the season wears on we'll have more examples of their bodies of work, but for now, in each case, although I think a case could be made to flip them, I went with H2H as the deciding factor.  Plus, in Ryle's case, even though they had a tough loss to Ashland, they beat a very good Louisville Butler team by nearly the identical score that Holy Cross beat them by, so that also played into that decision.  Some teams took a loss to out of state teams, so in most of those cases, I didn't give them much weight (not really knowing the strength of those teams).  NO ONE in our Top 10 took more than one loss last week, so it was a very solid week for our best of the best around the area.  This week sees the All A in the 9th and 10th, plus a great day of games for the non-All A schools down at Franklin County next weekend.  

1.  Cooper 12-3 (last week 3-0):  this week at Mt. Notre Dame (OH) and vs Pulaski County at Franklin County

2.  Notre Dame 9-2 (1-1):  this week vs Dixie and vs Russell at Franklin County

3.  Ryle 9-4 (2-1):  this week vs Dixie and vs South Laurel at Franklin County

4.  Holy Cross 8-4 (1-0):  this week up to 3 games in the 9th Region "All A"

5.  Simon Kenton 9-3 (0-0):  this week vs Scott and at Grant County

6.  Highlands 7-5 (3-1):  this week vs Assumption at Franklin County

7.  Campbell County 9-2 (2-1):  this week at Augusta, vs Fleming County, and at Harrison County

8.  Bishop Brossart 10-2 (3-0):  this week in the 10th Region "All A"

9.  Dixie 5-6 (0-1):  this week at Notre Dame and at Ryle 

10. Grant County 8-4 (2-1):  this week at Pendleton County and vs Simon Kenton

========================================

8th:  Walton Verona 6-7

9th:  NewCath 7-3, St. Henry 7-4, and Conner 4-9

10th:  Scott 10-2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1