To whet your appetites....

Just a heads-up, our NKY Pre-season Top 10 and NKY Top 10 Player list will drop on Monday the 16th.  Both, certain to be unpopular with nearly everyone.  I will say that I've spoken to many coaches over the summer, as well as a lot of the top players, so I will put out as prepared a bad list (in most's eyes, I'm sure) as possible!

I look forward to not only a spirited, but respectful, conversation on the topics on Monday!!  17 girls made the Top 10 consideration list, and it is incredibly hard to compare a high-scorer from a "not so great" team, vs an all around player who doesn't score a ton from a great team, and then the constant struggle of comparing posts with wings and point guards.  Again, I'll do my level best, and I'm sure the conversations (throughout the year) will be fun.  

Likewise, 17 teams will be listed, our NKY Top Pre-Season Top 10, and then 7 others receiving votes in order of their region (8, 9, and 10) and alphabetically within there...until the season starts.

As most know, but for the new folks along for Girls' Basketball Journey this year, we will drop a NKY Top 10 each Monday of the season. That comprises the 9th, SK, Grant, and WV from the 8th, and Scott, Pendleton Co, Brossart, and Campbell Co from the 10th.

Hope to see Monday's thread of Top 10 players and team pre-season garner a lot of interest and healthy debate, and hopefully that can tide us over for the 6 weeks or so before we get started for real after Thanksgiving!!

Should be a fun season!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3