Ryle 5 Conner 2

kyag

Well...the first 20 minutes I felt really good about Conner having a chance, then the ref's got involved and called a foul in the box for a PK, Line steps up and converts.  With 45 seconds left in the half Line gets a shot from about 20 yards out and converts to give the Raiders a 2-0 lead.  

2nd half the Cougars are in the attack and a hand ball is called against Ryle in the box.  Thornton for Conner coverts to give Conner their 1st goal and pull the Cougars within 1.  Then the flood gates open, another penalty is called, and Line converts for the hat-trick.  3-1 Ryle, 3 minutes later Denigan gets a deflected ball off the Cougar defense and scores from 12 yards out, 4-1 Ryle.  2 minutes later Ryle attacks down the right side and get another goal to go up 5-1.  At this point Conner seemed a little defeated (no pun intended) but kept playing hard.  With 6:37 left in the game another hand ball in the box is called and Thornton for Conner converts again for his second goal and Ryle holds on for the 5-2 win. 

Ryle is legit, their offense is the best in NKY.  I've seen all the top teams, and they are best in my opinion.  I think the 9th is Ryles to lose this year, I don't see anyone beating them in the region.  

Next year...could be anyone's to take with I believe a parity of teams after Ryle loses their senior group from this year.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1