Elizabethtown at Taylor County Predictions/Updates

JellyRoll

Elizabethtown at Taylor Co. Predictions/Updates  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Elizabethtown
    • Taylor Co.

This poll is closed to new votes

Etown is off to it's worst start, 0-2 since the 2011 season when they went 0-11. They followed up that season with a 1-10 campaign. Most who are close to the program knew that the Panthers would take a step back this season after they lost their entire starting O line from the 2022 season and a few skills especially on the defensive side. I'm not sure anyone anticipated this start. The Fairdale game was a winnable game but mistakes and penalties cost them. Meade Co. gave them a beatdown with a backup QB. What is most baffling is what is happening on the offensive side of the ball. Etown has seemingly gone away from their traditional run game and looks more like a spread team. Although they have 54 rushing attempts compared to 39 passing, many of those rushing attempts have been QB Greyson Hainer running for his life. After averaging 11 yards a carry last season, workhorse Trey Durbin has only 10 rushes for 48 yards through 2 games. If that doesn't get fixed it is going to be a long, long season.

Taylor Co. comes off a drubbing of Bardstown to get them to 1-1 after losing game 1 to Mercer Co. Taylor has seemed a little Jekyll and Hyde to me the past few years. I always hear that they have the best team they've ever had and then somehow they don't live up to the hype.

With that said I think Taylor dominates this game and possibly gets to a running clock. 42-7 Taylor

• theguru changed the title to Elizabethtown at Taylor County Predictions/Updates
  • mcpapa locked this topic