Dixie Heights 2 Cooper 1

kyag

Well, since the Conner/St. Henry game got canceled due to the Crusader's playing Holy Cross in the All “A”, I checked out the Cooper/Dixie game.

I thought Cooper looked to be the better team in the 1st half. They seemed to create more opportunities for themselves and actually took a 1-0 lead into half off a goal from Maddox Pemberton goal. Dixie had a couple chances but nothing came of them. 

2nd half Cooper was holding their own but then a Jaguar defender makes what I thought was a silly foul just outside the box on the attacking left side around the 5 yard line. Bolte takes the free kick and the ball finds a Colonel player…1-1. After Dixie tied it up I thought Cooper just kind of fell apart. Dixie continued to attack and they get a run on the right side, cross the ball in front of the goal Bolte is by himself on the left side and gets the ball to the back of the net for a 2-1 lead. 

it’s always fun when you don’t have a dog in the fight to listen to the parents rant about calls. At one point the announcer forgot to start the clock (which benefited Cooper) and the Cooper parents start yelling start the clock…they were down 2-1 so I would’ve kept my mouth shut cause any extra time is a gift. 

Nice crowd tonight at Dixie and the announcer did a nice job. 

• Thanks 1