NKY Week 3 Games To Watch

kyag

We are 3 weeks in and there have been some good games in the NKY area.  I'm not sure we have had any surprises yet in the early season...but maybe this week.

Tuesday (8/22/23)

Campbell County @ Conner - I know, I know...KYAG you always put Conner down (of course I do, I'm the one posting).  This game could go a number of different ways.  Campbell County has played NCC and Dixie and came out with a loss in each contest.  The Camels tied Holy Cross, but that game was in Latonia on a smaller grass field which Holy Cross uses to their advantage very well.  The Camels have scored 12 goals but 10 of those came against Calvary Christian.  The Camels seem to have a decent defense only giving up 1 goal apiece to NCC and Dixie.  Conner...I'm not sure which team will show up.  You have a team that played Cov Cath and Highlands tight.  Then there is the team that showed up vs Simon Kenton, hopefully that team stays in Independence for the rest of the season.  

St. Henry @ Villa Madonna - This is a 9th Region All "A" matchup.  Could it come down to PK's to decide who gets the winner of Beechwood and NCC?

Thursday (8/24/23)

Dixie Heights @ Cooper - This could've been the game to watch for the week if it wasn't for the one I have listed just below.  Dixie takes the bus down to Longbranch Road to visit the Jaguars in Union.  Cooper will play physical at home and will look to press Dixie.  Will the Red Colonels stay focused and take care of business?  Tune in at 8:00 pm to find out.

Ryle @ Covington Catholic - This is the game of the week.  Ryle travels to Park Hills with their attack of Denigan, Hoenderkamp, and Line.  Barth will anchor the defense vs the Blue Colonels.  I saw Ryle vs Madison Central and Ryle understands how to stay in formation and attack space.  Can Cov Cath find the gaps with Roland and Leach?  Will the back line of Cov Cath be able to contain the speed and attack of Denigan and Hoenderkamp?  This could be a glimpse of a 2nd round or finals matchup for Region 9.  

Beechwood @ Newport Central Catholic - This has potential to be a battle.  Can Beechwood finally get over the hump and get the win at Morscher Field vs the Thoroughbreds?  

Other games of note for Week 3:

Tuesday 8/22/23

Scott @ Bishop Brossart

Simon Kenton @ Boone County

Walton Verona @ Holmes

Highlands @ Bryan Station

Wednesday 8/23/23

St. Henry @ Boone County

Thursday 8/24/23

Walton Verona @ Gallatin County

St. Henry @ Conner

Pendleton County @ Holmes