OCHS Safety getting some attention from the big boys.

strike-3

2008 DB likes Irish, Tide, & Cards

I don't think that this is a free article, so I will just quote a couple of highlights.

Owensboro (Ky.) Catholic safety Brian Winklepeck, a Class of 2008 prospect, has been getting attention by way of mail from a number of programs. The 2005 Kentucky state interceptions leader also has a trio of schools that have piqued his interest.

"I've gotten letters from Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, Tennessee, Louisville, Vanderbilt, UConn, Alabama and Kentucky, but I don't have any offers yet," the 6-foot-1, 195-pounder said. "I've been to a camp at Notre Dame and I really like the environment up there. I like the coaching staff and I like the way Charlie Weis does things."

"Louisville, I am interested in and I'd like to see what Nick Saban does at Alabama."

Good to see local kids get this kind of attention.

I noticed several times this season that teams went out of their way to throw away from him. I am sure he is expecting a great season next year. He is very quick to recover and in man to man coverage he has a knack for doing the little things he needs to play the ball correctly. The little things you can not coach, he seems to have down. Good Luck and continue to work hard.