BGP Severe Weather Alert Day (11/29/2022)

nWo

KY_swody1.thumb.png.d2279678669e954ff836fc43de29d497.png

Since this will be a nighttime event, I'm going into BGP Severe Weather Alert Day. The Storm Prediction Center has increased the area of the level 1 Marginal Risk Area to just east of I-75. I am watching this situation throughout the day and  post updates whenever possible.

A strong cold front will move across Middle Tennessee tonight. As soon as early evening hours Tennessee River Valley Region and possibly lasting into overnight hours tonight across Cumberland Plateau Region, showers and scattered thunderstorms are expected. Some thunderstorms could reach strong to severe thresholds, producing strong to damaging straight-line winds, large hail, and locally heavy rainfall, along with a few tornadoes. Overall best potential for severe weather will be from 9 PM EST until 4 AM EST.

Review your severe weather safety procedures for the possibility of dangerous weather today. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio, weather.gov, or other media for watches and warnings. A tornado watch means that conditions are favorable for tornadoes to form during the next several hours. If a tornado warning is issued for your area, move to a place of safety, ideally in a basement or interior room on the lowest floor of a sturdy building.