Dixie 2 Covington Catholic 1

Beautiful night in a beautiful setting for a high school soccer game.  Dixie gets up 1-0 early when they tap a rebound into the net for the early lead.  Dixie got their 2nd and final goal later in the 1st half with a PK.  CovCath gets one late in the 2nd half and then have numerous chances to draw even in the last couple of minutes, but to no avail, and Dixie erupts in celebration of the 2-1 win in Park Hills.  

Dixie is now 12-2-1 on the season and now hosts Highlands on Thursday night in Erlanger.  They haven't played the toughest schedule in the area to this point, but a run of Freddy D, CovCath, and Highlands, should have the boys battle-tested and ready for the 9th Region Tourney (I think they'll escape the 34th district).

CovCath drops their 3rd straight game and now sit at 6-9-0 on the season.  Now they get a breather in the schedule and Coach Robertson can take all he has learned about his young men through the gauntlet of a schedule they've run and try to piece together an XI that can allow them to have some post-season success.  They get Boone and Simon Kenton coming up before a game at Ryle next Tuesday.

• Like 1

"CovCath drops their 3rd straight game and now sit at 6-9-0 on the season.  Now they get a breather in the schedule and Coach Robertson can take all he has learned about his young men through the gauntlet of a schedule they've run and try to piece together an XI that can allow them to have some post-season success.  They get Boone and Simon Kenton coming up before a game at Ryle next Tuesday."

In the few matches I have seen them play I have yet to see them play as a team. They appear to have some fairly talented players but lack a team mentality. (this is almost always a function of coaching, mentoring and leadership more than anything) Great for PKs but deadly in a team sport. A solid win or two might be the antidote for this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutOfNeccessity said:

In the few matches I have seen them play I have yet to see them play as a team. They appear to have some fairly talented players but lack a team mentality. (this is almost always a function of coaching, mentoring and leadership more than anything) Great for PKs but deadly in a team sport. A solid win or two might be the antidote for this. 

Ding ding ding!