BIG 2nd Region match-up Friday night

I can't wait to see how Caldwell's Melly Heaton and Henderson's Renisha Soaper match up Friday night. I would expect that they are, along with a girl from Union County, the front runners for 2nd Region player of the year. Catspause ranked 8 girls higher than Heaton pre-season and she has already dismantled 3 or 4 of them and proven that she was ranked way to low. I think she's taking it personally although my friends from Caldwell say she could care less about rankings. So since Heaton does all of her talking with the ball in her hand and her mouth closed, I'll start promoting this kid. I've seen her play several times and on her average nights, she is better than most. On her great nights, she is THE BEST I've seen. Period, and I've been involved with girls HSBB for years. Her all around game: hustle, defense, ball handling, distributing the ball, and (of course) scoring, like I said is THE BEST package guard I've seen. Soaper was Catspause's pre-season #1 and she is a wonderful player (I watched her play against E-town last year), but if the past is a prediction of the future, she better lace'em up tight Friday night cause Heaton can straight up ball. I hope Heaton's young teammates come to play because Henderson, as always, is a great team.

• 2 months later...

Melly grew so much as a player over the last two years. She became an absolute team player over the last two years, last year she was asked to do everythinng on a bad team, but this year she blossumed, but this is a credit to her, she worked so hard in the off season and became a special player, I just wish she would get more credit at the state level. I know that watching her play was such a joy for me and so many other fans. Colleges will miss out if they don't recruit her, reason why, she has become the most coachable player I have met, and she will become an amazing player, just because she wants too.....