Estill Over Berea At Madison Southern Tournament

A Very well played 2nd half by Estill was the difference in this one. Coach Tiller was understandably upset in the lack of focus during the first half - but the Engineers came out in the 2nd defending and moving on set plays much better than they did in the prior 16 minutes.

I would be surprised to hear that any one Estill player dominated the stat book in this game. I was glad to see Estill developing options outside of Berryman and Christopher - although Christopher played and shot one of his better games that I have witnessed. Estill got quality play from Sophomore guards Cackling and Hoover, Junior Josh Napier, as well as signs of life at the 5 position from Wiseman, Baber, annd Puckett.

Starting Senior Tyler Noland got a technical and sat for a large part of the night. Berryman had a quiet night but I wouldnt be shocked to see that he put up good numbers.

I was extremely impressed at the hussle shown by both benches during the closing minutes of the game.

The Pirates got good play out of #10 (forgive me for not knowing his name). He can shoot very well from far out.

Looking forward to the next two days at Southern...