Gregg Marshall Resigns at Wichita State

swamprat

Wichita State basketball coach Gregg Marshall has resigned following an internal investigation into allegations of physical and verbal abuse, the school announced Tuesday.

The school and Marshall agreed to a contract settlement of $7.75 million to be paid over the next six years.

"This was a difficult decision, but one I feel was necessary for my family, the university and, most importantly, the student-athletes," Marshall said. "I remain grateful for my years spent at Wichita State. I wish to thank the coaches, student-athletes, the university, the community, and all of Shocker Nation for their unending dedication, support and loyalty. I am incredibly proud of this men's basketball program and all it has achieved over the past 14 years and am confident of its continued success."

Assistant coach Isaac Brown will serve as the team's interim head coach.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30335808/wichita-state-men-basketball-coach-gregg-marshall-resigns-investigation

He apparently was punching, choking, and verbally abusing players during the 15/16 season. I wonder what he was like when they got to the Final 4 in 2013?

Once on everybody's list, now on nobody's list. I wonder if there is a little high school in Indiana looking for a coach? 🙂