Importance of Fall Sports from a Tennessee High School Coach

I saw this on Facebook and had to share with people who know why sports are important.  It is about why we played sports and continue support though coaching, admin, and just being a fan.  My son is a senior and plays football. I have helped with team since his older brother was in 6th grade and he was in 3rd grade.  I will miss it as much or more than he will.

https://www.outkick.com/tennessee-high-school-football-coach-writes-perfect-letter-on-why-kids-need-school-and-sports/?fbclid=IwAR0CNJ-hpCZxiZ_6DRpmZ8lGF2f-6xeXzmhWcSTZ3TJL3KGQ6uwA_lFsfR4

12 minutes ago, Banymac said:

I saw this on Facebook and had to share with people who know why sports are important.  It is about why we played sports and continue support though coaching, admin, and just being a fan.  My son is a senior and plays football. I have helped with team since his older brother was in 6th grade and he was in 3rd grade.  I will miss it as much or more than he will.

https://www.outkick.com/tennessee-high-school-football-coach-writes-perfect-letter-on-why-kids-need-school-and-sports/?fbclid=IwAR0CNJ-hpCZxiZ_6DRpmZ8lGF2f-6xeXzmhWcSTZ3TJL3KGQ6uwA_lFsfR4

Very touching, but may I ask, would you out your child on a runaway train?

Let's see.  He is going to be 17.  He works at Walmart.  He just got his license.  He is already on the runaway train just like the rest of us.  Most likely he will not get to play ANY sports his senior year. So I let him choose to be at home or in person for the start of the school year.  This Class of 2021 will be memorable, but mostly for the wrong reasons.  

• Like 2