A couple of chances for possible severe weather

nWo

We have the potential for a couple of rounds of strong storms this upcoming week. First Tues afternoon/evening, isolated strong to severe storms will be possible. The farther west of I-75 you go the better chance to see strong storms.

tues.gif.

On Thursday afternoon and evening there looks to be a better chance for a more organized chance of strong to severe storms. Especially for southcentral Kentucky.

thurs-fr.gif

I will post an update later today.

On Tuesday the medium-range models are in good agreement. Thunderstorms appear most likely to develop beneath the mid-level jet along the instability that will be centered in the mid-Mississippi Valley. These storms would move eastward across western Kentucky during the afternoon. Forecast instability combined with strong shear should be favorable for a severe threat Tuesday afternoon and evening.

day4prob.gif

For Thursday, both the European and GFS models are somewhat in agreement, developing an axis of moderate instability in the lower to mid-Mississippi Valley. A few severe thunderstorms will be possible Thursday afternoon.

I will post an update in the morning.