Owen County 59 Dayton 56

The Runnin Rebels break a 4 game skid with a 59-56 win over Dayton. I relly felt going into the game it would be close throughout. Dayton had an 11 point lead at one point in the 3rd period, but credit to the YOUNG Rebels for holding it close and to Junior Jack Spurgeon for hitting a 3 at the buzzer to push Owen County over the top for the win.

Taking absolutely nothing away from Dayton. As I told a few of the Greendevils when we were leaving, Coach Kinmon will have them playing at a very high level when they leave Dayton and really being able to compete in the 36th district. The Greendevils have a good chance to pull close to .500 at the end of the regular season and the most wins in 5 years.

Sophomore Lorenzo Price led Dayton with 18 points. He is a force on the block. He'll be a 1,000 point scorer before he is done. Jack Spurgeon had 21 points for Owen County to lead all scorers including the game winning 3.

In talking to Coach Duvall "We needed that one". The game will be a big confidence booster for the Rebels who are still down their leading scorer Teagan Moore and were also without the services of Brandon Lewis who was ill last night. Coach Duvall started 8th grader Brax Ward and also got some time from his other 8th graders, Ashton Moore and Micah Shelton.

Hate to see Moore out; he's an exceptional talent for Owen.

Very intrigued to see how Brax Ward works out. As they say, "you can't coach height". It'll be very interesting to see how the 8th grader grows (no pun intended) under Duvall. With such an incredibly young squad, I can easily see Owen rising back into district contention in a couple of years.

CM