Logan County 55 Butler County 20

Figs

This was one ugly ballgame. Loads of penalties and both teams looked rusty, especially Logan County. I'm not trying to be overly critical, just calling it like I see it.

QB Will Ezell for Logan County was hit and miss with his throws all night. He had a few nice tosses, but also had some that were not what I would expect from him. Some were underthrown and he even bounced a couple. He did have a really nice 70ish yard TD that broke the game open late in the 1st quarter. I think he's gotten quicker in the off season. RB Gary Hardy looked good in limited action. He had several good runs,one of them 55 yards for a TD. WR Anthony Woodard is really quick. He is a playmaker on the outside that can make things happen. The O line is having some growing pains. I think they will be fine; only problem is they will have to grow up quick this year.

The defense was OK tonight. They did put pressure on QB Jagger Henderson, but I also feel Butler's line was not firing on all cylinders tonight. Their secondary will be challenged often. They made some good plays but struggled at times.

For Butler County, Henderson (any relation to Rex?) and TE Solomon Flener were a good combo. Henderson can throw with touch (did a lot of it on the run) and Flener has some speed and outstanding hands for his size. This sophmore duo will be fun to keep up with for the next few seasons.

Next for Logan County: vs. Muhlenburg County (0-1, L 40-0 at Trigg)

Next for Butler County: at Edmonson County (0-1, L 35-6 vs. Portland (TN) at Warren East)

Pretty sure Jagger is Rex's younger brother. Going to be a good QB for Butler Co for the next few years.

Thanks for the info. I agree that he has a ton of upside. He will make things exciting for Bears fans this season for sure.