Ohio at Xavier

The Double Deuce

If you're into the art of money swapping on college athletics, tonight's tilt at the Cintas Center is a tasty one to focus on. The line is Xavier -11.5 -- take Ohio University and enjoy your evening.

I still think Xavier ultimately wins the game, probably, but it will be by 7 or fewer points -- not the 11.5 you'll be getting from the oddsmakers.

:cool:

They're not actually, they are very young, but they have some solid young players and are decent. However, my call for tonight is more about a so-so Xavier team, who have a bug going through the locker-room that has knocked Goodin out the last few days, other guys are dragging, and, they have a much bigger date looming on the horizon.

Tonight screams of a game where they sleep-walk at times (which they've done a lot this year), the building is dead a lot, and they hit a shot or two to win the game in the 2nd half.

I like my chances tonight.

By the way, if OU played your beloved Norse on a neutral court the spread would be about 4 points (when using a formula that takes in KenPom and Sagarin data). Brannen's boys are definitely NOT really bad this year, on that we can both agree.

When you lose by nearly 30 points to South Florida, you're bad. No way around it.