Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence and Greenup fans?

Featured Replies

How do you see the matchup between Ashland @ Johnson Central? You should be able to tell us how the two teams compare.

Unforunately I dont see this thread going very far. You only have one LC poster that is pretty active on BGP and thats Dad of a Dawg and Im not sure that Greenup Co. has a single poster on here.

I think JC wins by multiple TD's. Some in Louisa think Ashland will win by multiple TD's. I tried to get them to bet me:) I just think JC is really loaded this year although the soft schedule and lack of being in a tight game would worry me a little bit around playoff time. If they don't turn the ball over I think they are just to big and Grimm is a stud plus the other backs are good too.

Personally I'll take JC by at least two TD's!

I think JC wins by multiple TD's. Some in Louisa think Ashland will win by multiple TD's. I tried to get them to bet me:) I just think JC is really loaded this year although the soft schedule and lack of being in a tight game would worry me a little bit around playoff time. If they don't turn the ball over I think they are just to big and Grimm is a stud plus the other backs are good too.

Personally I'll take JC by at least two TD's!

 

Stick1 did you see JC play LC this year?

I have seen both teams play and IMO JC will come out on top. Ashland has a good team but I don't think it will even be close I think Mattney will turn his boys loose friday night and it might even get ugly. What I notice most about the two teams is JC will be alot more aggressive than Ashland . If Matt Thomas would lower his shoulders and just run hard it would help thier running game but from what I have seen is most of Ashland running back don't like to get hit and they are going to get hit hard come next friday night. I will take JC by at least 14 points because mostly it's going to be played at JC if it was at putnam well we all know how things goes their:madman: . Good luck to both I wish we had an open date this week because this would be a game that I would love to watch .

  • Author
I have seen both teams play and IMO JC will come out on top. Ashland has a good team but I don't think it will even be close I think Mattney will turn his boys loose friday night and it might even get ugly. What I notice most about the two teams is JC will be alot more aggressive than Ashland . If Matt Thomas would lower his shoulders and just run hard it would help thier running game but from what I have seen is most of Ashland running back don't like to get hit and they are going to get hit hard come next friday night. I will take JC by at least 14 points because mostly it's going to be played at JC if it was at putnam well we all know how things goes their:madman: . Good luck to both I wish we had an open date this week because this would be a game that I would love to watch .
That was pretty much what a Greenup fan told me about Putnam also. He said we had a good chance at JC and no chance at Putnam. I believe if our offence is clicking it will get ugly. There are alot of prediction of Ashland scoring close to 30 points against JC. I just can not see this happening. If this team plays like they have been on D Ashland will be LUCKY to score twice on the starters. The key for them will be, can they hold JC? If they can I'll take JC 21-7. If they can't I'll take JC 45-14.
Stick1 did you see JC play LC this year?

Yes.

  • Author

One of the reasons I started the thread is because of the scrutiny JC has been given over not playing anyone. I know that the records do not show it but personally I thought LC was a very well coached team, moved the ball well at times, and played hard. They were just young and overpowered. I also thought Greenup was a better team than their record showed. LC and GC both gave Ashland better games than they did against JC. From what I was told both were very respectable games until late, then got out of hand. (which is usually what happens when you face a team with more upperclassmen and depth.) The games against JC were just blowouts. I thought LC had a very good chance of beating Boyd County.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.