#13 Campbell County vs. Eastern (6A First Round)

thsrocks

Campbell County vs. Eastern:Who wins and why?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Campbell County vs. Eastern:Who wins and why?

Campbell County (6-4) was defeated by 5A #1 Covington Catholic (10-0) 49-13 this past Friday. Coach Lickert's Camels have won three of their past five games and are 3-2 versus 6A schools. Eastern (5-5) took a somewhat surprising 16-8 decision over #10 Manual (3-7). Coach Blandford's Eagles are on a two game winning streak and are 3-4 versus 6A competiton. This is Eastern's first trip outside Jefferson County and that could pose an issue. This game is a toss-up and the home team may hold a slight edge due to this playoff game being held in Alexandria.

It seems to me that Eastern has a stingy defense. Camels will have to get their passing game on to keep the Eagles from keying on Dowds, and keep their best defense on the field if they want to play next week.

Also interesting is the 6 6A NKY teams are playing 6 6A Jefferson county area teams(- Trinity & X)

As much as I would like to see the Camels win this one, I think it is going to be a tough victory to be won. Eastern appears to have a staunch defense giving up only 86 yards rushing and 110 passing per game. Dowd's running is so key to opening up the passing game that should the Eagles slow him, the passing game could find itself stressed with the Eagles secondary picking off almost two passes per game. This might be one of most competitive first round match-ups in 6A and Camels strengths are what Eastern has proven effective against. Eastern 21-14.