Knott County Central 2016/2017

Knott County's team will be young this year. They will be led by Austin Combs, a senior, and Isaac Caudill, a junior. Also returning this year for his senior season after sitting out last year will be Dalton Cornett. Another senior who really improved last season is Skyler Taylor. Moving over from June Buchanan will be talented wing player, Hunter Hammond. The twins from Carr Creek, Branson & Gannon Couch are two young sophomores who bring the ability to shoot with the best of them. The Couch name has been highlighted for years as sharpshooters. These two are no different. The center position will be shared between Kolton Hoffsess, a junior, and sophomore Cameron Jones. Back in June Cameron Jones was in really good shape and I expect a big uptick to his game. In addition, I expect Khalil Slone to add some timely shooting from the outside. One final note about the roster, I am hearing that a freshman from Carr Creek is going to be really good. We will see if his name becomes popular.

The keys to this team will be the leadership of Combs, Caudill, and the continued maturity of the other young players on the team. They can shoot but their success will hinge on their ability to learn to play defense and contribute as a team. If you notice Knott has had to play with five players for a long time but this season could be different with a much deeper bench. However, crunch time players still have to be led by Combs and Caudill.