Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Preseason Maher Rankings

Featured Replies

Maybe I'm missing it but will there not be separate rankings for just Kentucky or will it be a combined Ohio/Kentucky list only?

 

I'm also not sure I understand the changes you made. Care to explain those? It appears that the teams ranked highly last year keep their spots this year to start. That seemed to be one of the chief complaints. Not sure how a team like CovCath can be ranked #1 in the state (if I'm reading it correctly) after losing 9 of 11 starters.

Not really a fan of the rankings. Could be useful to college recruiters.

 

For my purposes, as a Kentucky HS soccer fan, I could care less how my Kentucky teams stack up against Ohio teams. Why stop there? Why not add Indiana and Tennessee teams to the rankings as well?

I'll admit I haven't read the entire Maher ranking system/explanation in great detail, but add me to the list who do not like combining OH and KY teams in a single, combined ranking system. What is so wrong with having KY teams ranked collectively and OH teams ranked collectively, but separated by state? After all the best way to rank teams is by seeing how they do against like opponents correct? A very, very small number of KY and OH teams play each other.

 

Since the Maher system places value on strength of schedule, I do enjoy taking a look every now and then. Comparing teams' W-L records and players' stats, goals scored, assists, etc to a point is meaningless until you know the level of competition each team and player competes against on a regular basis.

Yes why are we combining KY and Ohio rankings? That makes zero sense. I know nothing about Ohio high school soccer, and I don't care about it, nor do I care where KY schools stack up with them. I am sure the same can be said for the most part on the other side. If you are going to keep the rankings combined, you need to at least have a column which indicates the state rank in addition to their overall rank. Now I have to manually count teams just to see where a team ranks within KY. Or give us an option to filter out KY or OH teams to see a true state ranking.

You can filter Ky by typing S-KY on the box. There are some instructions somewhere.. maybe on the first page. You can also filter by region.

I have done the filter by state, and by region, what I don't like is it does not reset the number for the original ranking.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.