Slight risk of storms Thursday/Friday this week

nWo

Seems like the chance for strong to severe storms has increased some. As of now the main area of concern is WKY. From around the Henderson/Evansville area back towards the west. The main concern I have is that maybe this event could be a nocturnal or nighttime tornadic and damaging wind event. These possible storms will traverse through Kentucky during the overnight hours into Friday. On Friday all of Kentucky is in a marginal risk area for strong to severe storms. Let me say this. The timing for these storms are still uncertain and more than likely will change as we get closer to the time period.

I'll post updates as we get closer.

Thursday outlook

day2otlk_0700.gif

Probability map

Don't let the seemingly low chance 15% fool you. Storm wise that really is not low.

day2probotlk_0700_any.gif

Friday

day3otlk_0830.gif

Update: Looks like we are in for an overnight event. Though the slight risk area has been scaled back some from the other day extreme WKY is still included. That is a change again from this morning when no parts of Kentucky was in that category.

Right now it looks like most of Kentucky will remain dry till around midnight. Between midnight and 4am is when the severe weather should be passing through WKY. If the storms hold together they should be in and around the I-75 corridor around rush hour.

The main threats look to be damaging winds, frequent lightning and an isolated tornado or two will be possible.

I'm monitoring the situation closely and will update later this afternoon.

Thunderstorm outlook midnight to 4 am

enh_0400.gif

day1otlk_1630.gif

wind outlook

day1probotlk_1630_wind.gif

tornado outlook

day1probotlk_1630_torn.gif

Parts of extreme WKY now have a 70% chance of seeing severe storms around midnight ET.

I have a weather alert zone set up for that area. If I get any watches or warnings I will post them in a new thread.

enh_0400.gif