Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 4 Cooper 0

Featured Replies

Hard fought match......mostly in the rain.

 

Goals by Litzler(2) Day(2)

Assists by Austin Flynn, Nick Jacobs, (apologies if that isn't correct.....thought Day and Litzler each had an unassisted as well)

 

Before someone asks......CCH did not man mark Snow. He is Big, fast and talented, but the speed in the back was able to key on him......he did still have a couple of chances, but mostly from distance. Easy to see why he has the offensive numbers he has......classy player.

 

Glad to see Cooper's Keeper come back in after he went off injured in a collision with CCH play. Glad both players were just a little nicked up and not hurt more seriously.

 

Good luck to Cooper the rest of the season ( unless we run into each other again.)

 

Good clean play all around......

Well said OTB, it was a cleanly played match. I'm glad both players seemed to be OK after the collision, I do not remember Massie returning, I hope that was a coaches decision and not an injury.

 

I would only add a couple additional comments.

 

I thought Litzler's second goal was a nice one. I was directly behind it so I was able to follow its flight into the upper corner, looked like he was just over 20 yds out when he struck it.

 

I thought Romes made a pretty nice save on the best scoring chance Snow had tonight. He was able to get free and make clean contact on a header off a corner, Romes reacted well and was able to get to it in time.

 

Hope to run into you guys again this season, that would mean that we made it out of our district.

Missed this game, from reading the two summaries above sounds like the score was an accurate reflection of the game. Cooper had one decent chance that the CCH keeper (who is under rated) made a good save on. Sounds like someone's prediction was dead on,

 

"I see this as a 4-0 or more one-sided CCH win. Taking nothing away ASnow, but he will need his teammates to get him the ball in good scoring opportunities. With the increased speed of play, pressure on the ball that CCH can apply, I don't see that happening tonight."

 

Was this result due to CCH playing better then their past few games or was it more due to the different levels of competition?

Cooper actually had other chances, they came from additional players. One specific one in the second half was a shot by Adams that was redirected and went just wide. They did not have as much attack up front as normal... some of this I would attribute to the CCH defense and some is because Snow did not play up top last night.

 

I thought CCH looked pretty solid on the defensive side of the field and stayed pretty organized throughout the match, both Day and Wessels were tough in the middle. If their starting players up top were able to convert their chances early on, this could have been a 5-0 match at the half. It was not until after they had made some subs, and a little over halfway through the first half, that they were able to break through.

 

If I had to say there was an area of concern last night, it would be converting some pretty routine chances. I feel that Litzler and Day should have been joined on the score sheet by 3 other players.

Thanks YC, nice summary. I agree and have mention previously on BGP, if there is a weakness and a concern in a tight game, or worse one where they need a goal to get even, where will the goal come from?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.