Scott 4 Calvary Christian 0

Stepover

I caught tail end of first half and all of second. I was a bit surprised by score when I arrived and was aware of the senior losses Scott had coming into the season but as stated here I think the athleticism of the CC players kept it close. However; Scott's technical abilities looked to wear them down. Morgan is a nice strong player up top of Scott and if they can find channels to slot him through balls he has the ability to hold of defenders and put strong shots on frame. I've seen him play club as an outside mid but can see him playing a good HS Forward position as they are.

Did Scott start with their "Regular" rotation last night? Anyone not play the first half?

We did have one starting defender out with a concussion but other than that the "regular" rotation was playing...to be honest given our numbers there really isn't much of an option in that regard. Scott's coach did try a different formation that obviously didn't work for our team. Live and learn. There was one thing interesting that happened in the game that no one has mentioned. At one point in the second half, Hegerty was driving into the box when two defenders moved towards him. Hegerty fell to the ground and the CR blew his whistle motioned for a PK and carded a Calvary player (would have been his second yellow). Hegerty said that the kid didn't touch him, he tripped and fell on his own. The CR reversed the call. I commend Hegerty for his sportsmanship and honesty in this situation especially considering the flak he has gotten in the past for getting an occasional card himself. I have never in all my years watching HS, club, or college soccer seen a CR change a call based on something a player says.

We did have one starting defender out with a concussion but other than that the "regular" rotation was playing...to be honest given our numbers there really isn't much of an option in that regard. Scott's coach did try a different formation that obviously didn't work for our team. Live and learn. There was one thing interesting that happened in the game that no one has mentioned. At one point in the second half, Hegerty was driving into the box when two defenders moved towards him. Hegerty fell to the ground and the CR blew his whistle motioned for a PK and carded a Calvary player (would have been his second yellow). Hegerty said that the kid didn't touch him, he tripped and fell on his own. The CR reversed the call. I commend Hegerty for his sportsmanship and honesty in this situation especially considering the flak he has gotten in the past for getting an occasional card himself. I have never in all my years watching HS, club, or college soccer seen a CR change a call based on something a player says.

Thanks for posting this soccerforlife.... No sympathy in regards to not having many options though.... I feel your pain. :rolleyes:

In regards to the play you spoke of, all I can say is....

Well played young Mr. Hegerty!!! :thumb: