"The Bird Still Sings"

I don't know how many of you are familiar with Ravi Zacharias. He is one of the leading apologists in the world, and has a ministry based near Atlanta.

There has been discussion here before about the declining role of the church in America, and about other countries where the church was even banned.

I found the following article fascinating.

The Bird Still Sings | RZIM

I don't know how many of you are familiar with Ravi Zacharias. He is one of the leading apologists in the world, and has a ministry based near Atlanta.

There has been discussion here before about the declining role of the church in America, and about other countries where the church was even banned.

I found the following article fascinating.

The Bird Still Sings | RZIM

I did as well. Thanks for sharing!

I get that in my inbox regularly (RZIM) communique'. He is always insightful and if you ever hear him speak/preach, he is very compelling. In fact, he could read the phone book and you would be on the edge of your seat listening to every word.

What I like most about Zacharias is that he is an evangelist first and his expertise in apologetics is in service to evangelism. In other words, he isn't just trying to be smarter than the next guy, but to persuade people that Jesus is really who He claimed to be and who the Bible says He is so that they may come to faith in Him. His studies allow him to tailor his message to the particular listener's cultural background/worldview and the particular existential struggle the listener is dealing with.

I found his autobiography to be a fascinating read. It's called, Walking from East to West and details his life growing up in India, his conversion, and how he wound up in the role he now has. It includes a lot of detail about the inner dynamics of his family and culture and how all of that shaped who he is.

"the bird still sings" email is very encouraging, if you have affinity for Christianity and particularly of the Evangelical variety.