Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steeplechase

Featured Replies

Does this event exist in Kentucky high school track meets? I know that CovCath's Greg Goetz has done it at two meets, one in Tennesee and one in Ohio.

Does this event exist in Kentucky high school track meets? I know that CovCath's Greg Goetz has done it at two meets, one in Tennesee and one in Ohio.

 

I had some kids do it in those same meets. It isnt in a lot of states and its only done as an exhibition event in those meets. Not enough facilities to have it in most places.

Speaking of uncontested events...I was letting a Middle Schooler practice for the TURBOJAV in the MS State Meet yesterday with some real javelins we had acquired from a local University along with some other equipment. When we were done I let some of the other kids try it and they got pretty frustrated with it...BUT, this one high school boy threw it PERFECT and FAR Every Time! He is an average athlete and only a sophomore but not good enough to have a top spot in any individual event. He was a NATURAL at the Javelin though and our better athletes were SO frustrated...I was loving it! Besides the few meets that hold Turbo Jav where else could he develop this skill in our area? Are there meets over the summer that contest the real Javelin and what would be a good throw for a High School Boy? I looked at some other states but they vary a lot from state to state.

Speaking of uncontested events...I was letting a Middle Schooler practice for the TURBOJAV in the MS State Meet yesterday with some real javelins we had acquired from a local University along with some other equipment. When we were done I let some of the other kids try it and they got pretty frustrated with it...BUT, this one high school boy threw it PERFECT and FAR Every Time! He is an average athlete and only a sophomore but not good enough to have a top spot in any individual event. He was a NATURAL at the Javelin though and our better athletes were SO frustrated...I was loving it! Besides the few meets that hold Turbo Jav where else could he develop this skill in our area? Are there meets over the summer that contest the real Javelin and what would be a good throw for a High School Boy? I looked at some other states but they vary a lot from state to state.
They do contest that event in Jr. Olympics, AAU and USATF. not many state have it on their High school schedule though. Check the ktccca web page for the dates of the JO State meets in June.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.