March 24, 201511 yr How does this team stack with other notable teams, both UK and other historically great teams? Obviously a lot more easier to think about once the season is over and how UK finishes.
March 24, 201511 yr Up to this point I see the following UK teams as better (noting their significance in their era): 2012 Kentucky 1996 Kentucky 1954 Kentucky 1948 Kentucky IF KY goes 40-0 then they are above all the above. No debate IMO. Depth is the difference, even vs. the '96 squad. As to history, I don't know. UCLA '67-'69 Lew Alcindor UCLA '72-'73 Bill Walton Indiana '75-'76 63-1 record Duke '92 Number 1 all year I believe UNLV '90-'91 NBA Machine Georgetown '82-'85 Patrick Ewing and the best defense I ever saw, til now. If KY wins it all - then they are in conversation with the above and UCLA is probably the only one I would remotely consider above them because of the Bruins depth and All-time Great Centers. Just my take on the question.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.