Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 60 Gallatin County 52

Featured Replies

First round game from NAS Tournament at Carroll County. Tied 32-32 at half, Scott pulled away in second half.

  • Author

http://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-school-sports/ky-high-school-sports/1229-gbk-scott-holds-off-gallatin

Freshman guards Alexis Stapleton and Anna Clephane and junior guard Holly Kallmeyer add hit a set of free throws in the final minute to help Scott seal a 60-52 win over Gallatin County at the Carroll County Holiday Classic on Monday.

 

Clephane led the Eagles in scoring with 19 points, and she grabbed nine rebounds. Kallmeyer finished with 16 points.

 

Senior Hannah Dossett scored 23 points and pulled down 10 boards for the Wildcats.

 

SCOTT 15-17-11-17—60

GALLATIN 16-16-10-10—52

 

SCOTT (7-4): Dant 1 0 2, Trimpe 3 1 8, Stevers 1 0 3, Brennan 2 1 5, Clephane 7 5 19, Kallmeyer 7 2 16, Stapleton 2 3 7. Totals 23 12 60.

 

GALLATIN COUNTY (5-4): Dossett 10 1 23, Bowen 6 1 17, Wesley 1 2 4, Terrell 3 2 8. Totals 20 6 52.

 

3-pointers: S—Trimpe, Stevers. GC—Bowen 4, Dossett 2.

One thing I saw in this game that interested me that I have never seen before was Bowen getting all 5 of her fouls in the 4th quarter

  • Author
One thing I saw in this game that interested me that I have never seen before was Bowen getting all 5 of her fouls in the 4th quarter

Agreed, that doesn't happen very often.

One thing I saw in this game that interested me that I have never seen before was Bowen getting all 5 of her fouls in the 4th quarter

 

Agreed but then 2 of them were intentional bumps toward the end of the game.....that said this had to be the weirdest called game I have ever seen. I say weird because it was called in a fashion I have never seen before.

 

One half of the court was called tight while the other was called very loosely.

 

This created a very controversial first half as Scott was saddled with a virtual olay style defense with 2 of the starters with 3 fouls and several others with 2. Foul count for the first half i believe was Scott committing 13 infractions and Williamstown 6. And Coach was handed a Technical for trying to call a timeout.

 

Sticking with the "consistently inconsistent" model they called the second half the same way but this time Scott was in the looser end and Williamstown was in the tighter end. Foul count for the 2nd half was something like Scott 7, Williamstown 12or 13.

 

In the end it balanced out but I think everyone left the game feeling like the refs impacted the outcome in one way or another.

 

By contrast the finals were called much more consistently and definitely less controversial.

Edited by Dozer61
finish

  • Author
Agreed but then 2 of them were intentional bumps toward the end of the game.....that said this had to be the weirdest called game I have ever seen. I say weird because it was called in a fashion I have never seen before.

 

One half of the court was called tight while the other was called very loosely.

 

This created a very controversial first half as Scott was saddled with a virtual olay style defense with 2 of the starters with 3 fouls and several others with 2. Foul count for the first half i believe was Scott committing 13 infractions and Williamstown 6. And Coach was handed a Technical for trying to call a timeout.

 

Sticking with the "consistently inconsistent" model they called the second half the same way but this time Scott was in the looser end and Williamstown was in the tighter end. Foul count for the 2nd half was something like Scott 7, Williamstown 12or 13.

 

In the end it balanced out but I think everyone left the game feeling like the refs impacted the outcome in one way or another.

 

By contrast the finals were called much more consistently and definitely less controversial.

Williamstown? Wrong thread.

Williamstown? Wrong thread.

 

LOL.....and this should be a lesson to all out there to not post comments on public forums after midnight on New Years Eve.....LOL

 

That said and to the topic at hand I did feel the Gallatin game was one of the better called games I have seen. The Bowen girl is an excellent player. I have enjoyed watching her play with the Shining Stars during the past couple of AAU seasons and knew that if Scott was able to keep the ball out of her hands or challenge her every step that they had a chance to win.

 

Foul counts were pretty even going into the last minute plus and most importantly they let the girls play up top while safely controlling the banging underneath. Was it a perfectly called game? Not by any means but then the players aren't perfect either. In the end all you can ask for is consistency and in a tournament like this it should be from game to game as well.

 

Best of Luck to the Lady Wildcats the rest of the season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.