Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

34th District coaches

Featured Replies

I wanted to write a quick post about the coaches in District 34.

 

I do nightly match results and write-ups for WCPO, so I take a lot of calls from coaches in Northern Kentucky so I get to know them quite well, albeit in a telephonic manner.

 

I have to say all five current coaches are complete class acts. Ludlow's Coach Schmidt gathered stats for all of her district's matches and reported them to me despite her team's losing to a Lloyd team with eight wins in the quarterfinal.

 

Coach Schmidt runs Ludlow's early-season tournament each year and always makes sure media have all of the match scores, statistical leaders and all-tournament team members.

 

Lloyd's coach has called us even when her team has lost to get her stats leaders in, and Villa Madonna's coach made sure that Coach Schmidt had stats leaders for her team even thought her team was bounced by Dixie Heights in the semis, thus ending her team's season.

 

Dixie's coach has been outstanding at getting us info as well, and it goes without saying what a quality person and coach Maureen Kaiser is.

 

Often even good teams will tire of promoting their kids late in the season after two months of this grind, and I thought that in a realm where there's often a lot of negativity, these coaches deserve some positive recognition.

I wanted to write a quick post about the coaches in District 34.

 

I do nightly match results and write-ups for WCPO, so I take a lot of calls from coaches in Northern Kentucky so I get to know them quite well, albeit in a telephonic manner.

 

I have to say all five current coaches are complete class acts. Ludlow's Coach Schmidt gathered stats for all of her district's matches and reported them to me despite her team's losing to a Lloyd team with eight wins in the quarterfinal.

 

Coach Schmidt runs Ludlow's early-season tournament each year and always makes sure media have all of the match scores, statistical leaders and all-tournament team members.

 

Lloyd's coach has called us even when her team has lost to get her stats leaders in, and Villa Madonna's coach made sure that Coach Schmidt had stats leaders for her team even thought her team was bounced by Dixie Heights in the semis, thus ending her team's season.

 

Dixie's coach has been outstanding at getting us info as well, and it goes without saying what a quality person and coach Maureen Kaiser is.

 

Often even good teams will tire of promoting their kids late in the season after two months of this grind, and I thought that in a realm where there's often a lot of negativity, these coaches deserve some positive recognition.

 

I don't know the other coaches but Jodi Schmidt is one of the finest people in volleyball. She is dedicated to both her students at Ludlow and her team. She is a Beechwood grad and I would think, beechwood would love to have her, and Jodi could have more "success" there, but she stays at Ludlow and makes small strides with each team she coaches.

Jodi does a great job!

What a refreshing post! Well done.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.