Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

September Slam Friday/Saturday

Featured Replies

Pool A

 

Conner

Holy Cross

Rowan Co.

Scott Co.

Scott

 

Pool B

 

Boone Co.

Covington Latin

Highlands

Oldham Co.

Simon Kenton

  • Author

Friday September 5th

 

6:00 Conner vs Holy Cross. Boone Co. Vs Covington Latin. Highlands vs Simon Kenton.

7:00 Rowan Co. Vs Scott Co. Scott vs Holy Cross. Boone Co. vs Simon Kenton.

8:00 Conner vs Scott

  • Author

Lady Eagles take Holy Cross 25-22 and 25-15 in game 1

 

Lady Eagles take Conner in a very hard fought match loaded with long rallies 25-23 and 25-19

 

Great job ladies!!!

 

Hopefully several other parents were there and able to post scores from the other games.

  • Author

Tournament scores for the weekend: Pool A

 

Conner 25 25

Holy Cross 21 18

 

Conner 25 25

Rowan Co. 16 8

 

Conner 20 25 16

Scott Co. 25 21 14

 

Conner 23 19

Scott 25 25

 

Holy Cross 25 25

Rowan Co. 16 16

 

Holy Cross 25 24 6

Scott Co. 16 26 15

 

Holy Cross 22 15

Scott 25 25

 

Rowan Co. 12 22

Scott Co. 25 25

 

Rowan Co. 17 18

Scott 25 25

 

Scott Co. 19 25

Scott 25 27

  • Author

Tournament Scores for the Weekend Pool B: (please forgive accuracy as my saved image was blurry and hard to read)

 

Boone Co. 25 25

Covington Latin 15 5

 

Boone Co. 25 25

Highlands 22 14

 

Boone Co. 22 22

Oldham Co. 25 25

 

Boone Co. 13 25 17

Simon Kenton 25 23 15

 

Cov. Latin 9 11

Highlands 25 25

 

Cov. Latin 4 9

Oldham Co. 25 25

 

Cov. Latin 8 8

Simon Kenton 25 25

 

Highlands 26 22

Oldham Co. 28 25

 

Highlands 25 23 8

Simon Kenton 23 25 15

 

Oldham Co. 25 25

Simon Kenton 16 16

  • Author

Tournament Finals

 

5th Place Match:

Rowan Co. 25 25

Cov. Latin 16 11

 

4th Place Match:

Highlands 25 25

Holy Cross 22 22

 

3rd Place Match:

Scott Co. 16 28 25

Simon Kenton 25 26 15

 

2nd Place Match:

Boone - W

Conner - L

 

1st Place Match:

Oldham Co. 25 25

Scott 14 18

Thanks for the scores Dozer61!! With the exception of the humidity in the gym (I am aware this is out of anyones control!!), Scott hosted another great September Slam!! I felt the talent was evenly matched which led to some great action on the floor!! I thought the Scott players did an excellent job today even though they did lose the final to Oldham Co. It was a hard fought game from both teams!!

I was also impressed with both Boone Co and Conner on the other court playing. Both teams were battling hard with Boone taking the first 25-22 and Conner winning the second 25-13. It looked as though Conner would win the third 15-6, but the game continued to 25 with Boone edging out Conner 27-25. I know there was quite a bit of controversy from Conner's bench & fans since this was the first 3rd game match to go to 25 the entire tourney!! I'll give Conner that fact but assume the coaches knew the game was playing to 25 prior to the game starting so can't complain after the fact!! It also looks like Conner's setter was injured in the last play of the game, so prayers for healing to Atwood!! I saw a lot of great plays made from both teams & there were quite a few long rallies!! I do have to mention a play that coaches love to see especially when you tell your players constantly to play until you hear the refs blow the whistle!! In one of the many long rallies, Conner's libero managed to hit the ball up & over the net right before the ball touched the floor. It dropped untouched on Boone's side with Boone players & fans caught cheering unaware the play had not ended...point Conner!!! Those type of plays are so rare, but always a reminder to never give up on the ball or start cheering too soon!! Both Boone Co. & Conner have multiple talented players that you can't just focus on one area of the game. They have hitters from every position, smart setters that can hit with the best, liberos that move & sacrifice for balls many would give up on & servers that make you pay for thinking it was out before it hits!!! I know Boone showed Cooper what guts & hustle will do!! Conner could do the same just hope they have Atwood back setting for them that night!!!

Thanks to Scott high school for a very exciting & entertaining tourney!!! Can't wait for Highlands Cake Classic!! (I have to get my volleyball fix at these things since the grandkids picked the other Fall sport...soccer!!)

Edited by FastForward
spelling

Thanks for the scores Dozer61!! With the exception of the humidity in the gym (I am aware this is out of anyones control!!), Scott hosted another great September Slam!! I felt the talent was evenly matched which led to some great action on the floor!! I thought the Scott players did an excellent job today even though they did lose the final to Oldham Co. It was a hard fought game from both teams!!

I was also impressed with both Boone Co and Conner on the other court playing. Both teams were battling hard with Boone taking the first 25-22 and Conner winning the second 25-13. It looked as though Conner would win the third 15-6, but the game continued to 25 with Boone edging out Conner 27-25. I know there was quite a bit of controversy from Conner's bench & fans since this was the first 3rd game match to go to 25 the entire tourney!! I'll give Conner that fact but assume the coaches knew the game was playing to 25 prior to the game starting so can't complain after the fact!! It also looks like Conner's setter was injured in the last play of the game, so prayers for healing to Atwood!! I saw a lot of great plays made from both teams & there were quite a few long rallies!! I do have to mention a play that coaches love to see especially when you tell your players constantly to play until you hear the refs blow the whistle!! In one of the many long rallies, Conner's libero managed to hit the ball up & over the net right before the ball touched the floor. It dropped untouched on Boone's side with Boone players & fans caught cheering unaware the play had not ended...point Conner!!! Those type of plays are so rare, but always a reminder to never give up on the ball or start cheering too soon!! Both Boone Co. & Conner have multiple talented players that you can't just focus on one area of the game. They have hitters from every position, smart setters that can hit with the best, liberos that move & sacrifice for balls many would give up on & servers that make you pay for thinking it was out before it hits!!! I know Boone showed Cooper what guts & hustle will do!! Conner could do the same just hope they have Atwood back setting for them that night!!!

Thanks to Scott high school for a very exciting & entertaining tourney!!! Can't wait for Highlands Cake Classic!! (I have to get my volleyball fix at these things since the grandkids picked the other Fall sport...soccer!!)

 

This is a nice post. Thanks.

  • Author

Thank you Fast Forward for the scores of Boone/Conner. I one wit was a great match but with all the things that needed to be wrapped up at the end I just couldn't keep up.

 

I must give a huge shout out to all the parents, teams and coaches that made this event such a success. Not only did the event run smoothly (heat aside) but as mentioned before there was a lot of great competition, many long and exciting rallies, and great plays by more players and teams than I could possibly count.

 

Lastly I can't say enough about the "guts" and commitment of the coaches and ladies from Covington Latin. Many of you may not be aware, but due to a school scheduling conflict of the Senior Retreat, Covington Latin played the entire September Slam without any of their senior players. This is compounded by the nature of Covington Latin's early enrollment. Meaning many of the players on the court during the event were of middle school age. Great job ladies!!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.