Monroe County 34 Metcalfe County 7

Motivation

Metcalfe county has some really good athletes, and have to stop giving up the big plays to be competitive in 2a. This game was a lot closer than the score looks like. Monroe scored on some big plays and had a lot of trouble running the ball. The game seemed to lack a lot of intensity. I am not kidding when I say a baby could have slept through this one. From the kids, to coaches to fans it was not an exciting night. The intensity just does not seem to be there.

Monroe needs to find a rhythm to be successful. They are on cruise and not going very fast at all...it sounds like there are two teams at the top of there district and they are not one of them.

Metcalfe county has some really good athletes' date=' and have to stop giving up the big plays to be competitive in 2a. This game was a lot closer than the score looks like. Monroe scored on some big plays and had a lot of trouble running the ball. The game seemed to lack a lot of intensity. I am not kidding when I say a baby could have slept through this one. From the kids, to coaches to fans it was not an exciting night. The intensity just does not seem to be there. Monroe needs to find a rhythm to be successful. They are on cruise and not going very fast at all...it sounds like there are two teams at the top of there district and they are not one of them.[/quote'] Well said. This was my first time seeing the Falcons in action and to be honest I'm a little disappointed. I had bought into all the hype surrounding this team but now realize that while this team does have a lot of potential it will take a lot of work to reach it. The biggest disappointment is this team doesn't look like your typical Monroe County team. They have the size, strength and speed but appear to lack the grit, hard nosed intensity usually found in the Falcons, the unfortunate thing is that's not something you can coach that's something you must have inside you. The Falcons can still be a competitive team come playoff time but my expectations are tempered for now, this is going to be an "average" team for quite a while....