Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGIT

Featured Replies

Someone keep us posted on scores...is there a link someplace?

Cooper beats Ryle 25-17, 25-20....Congrats to the Lady Jags & Coach Isaac!! These ladies played with extreme confidence & power. I'm happy they were able to bounce back after a frustrating loss to St.Henry the other night.

I'm going to make sure I add to this before a Ryle fan gets angry that it wasn't included in the headlines...A. Bush did not play due to injury!! (Count the number of times this fact is mentioned whenever Ryle loses a game until A.Bush is on the court again!!)

I want to also wish A.Bush a speedy recovery so she can dominate the court & help Ryle quit with the excuses!!! She is not only a great player but also an amazing young lady!! I imagine she is chomping at the bit to get back on the court to help her team!!!

Ryle's Libero, Chase Barber, also suffered what seemed to be another possible concussion. I don't know how a player can have so many concussions and still play without at least head gear.

Ryle's Libero, Chase Barber, also suffered what seemed to be another possible concussion. I don't know how a player can have so many concussions and still play without at least head gear.

She does wear headgear & this is at least concussion #4!!! Concussions are nothing to joke around with & considering we're talking about a 16yr old young lady's multiple head injuries, someone somewhere needs to look at the benefits vs the risks!!

She is an amazing defensive player. Throws herself at every ball and scraps for everything. I know if I was her,

I wouldn't want to stop playing either.

She is an amazing defensive player. Throws herself at every ball and scraps for everything. I know if I was her,

I wouldn't want to stop playing either.

I hear you!! Its a tough call but look at all the controversy in pro sports with the side effects of multiple concussions!! At 16, there is a lot of life left to live & to risk more injury to your brain just isn't worth it in my book. She wears protective headgear & still potentially could have yet another concussion?? Time for an adult to step up. Just research the long lasting signs & symptoms of young people suffering more than one concussion. It is very scary!!

Anyone hear how the other NKY teams did this weekend? And what place did Ryle, Cooper and CC actually get?

Anyone hear how the other NKY teams did this weekend? And what place did Ryle, Cooper and CC actually get?

I'm not 100% on how everyone finished as far as place, but as far as I know Cooper was the only NKY team to actually win more than 1. Boone lost both games Friday night, CC lost all 3 on Saturday, Ryle won Friday night but lost all 3 Saturday, SK lost Friday then again Saturday. Cooper won both games on Friday and finished 2-2 Saturday losing to Henry Clay & McCracken Co.

  • Author
Cooper beats Ryle 25-17, 25-20....Congrats to the Lady Jags & Coach Isaac!! These ladies played with extreme confidence & power. I'm happy they were able to bounce back after a frustrating loss to St.Henry the other night.

I'm going to make sure I add to this before a Ryle fan gets angry that it wasn't included in the headlines...A. Bush did not play due to injury!! (Count the number of times this fact is mentioned whenever Ryle loses a game until A.Bush is on the court again!!)

I want to also wish A.Bush a speedy recovery so she can dominate the court & help Ryle quit with the excuses!!! She is not only a great player but also an amazing young lady!! I imagine she is chomping at the bit to get back on the court to help her team!!!

 

Once again leaving out key facts about the Ryle line up. I hope you just don't know the top players in the Region and you are not purposely holding back information to improperly inflate the victory by Cooper.

 

Not only was Ashley Bush not playing, but Ryle libero, Chase Barber, also did not play-injury. Chase not playing necessitated Ryle's substitute setter, Tatum Davis, to become libero. This made Hayley Bush become the only setter so they ran a 5/1 offense, therefore losing H. Bush as a hitter as well.

 

So Cooper did beat Ryle but I think anyone would agree that Ryle was without its best two hitters, it's best setter, and it's libero. Kudos to Cooper tho....looking forward to districts.

Campbell County finished 3-3. Won 2 on Friday and went 1-3 on Saturday

Once again leaving out key facts about the Ryle line up. I hope you just don't know the top players in the Region and you are not purposely holding back information to improperly inflate the victory by Cooper.

 

Not only was Ashley Bush not playing, but Ryle libero, Chase Barber, also did not play-injury. Chase not playing necessitated Ryle's substitute setter, Tatum Davis, to become libero. This made Hayley Bush become the only setter so they ran a 5/1 offense, therefore losing H. Bush as a hitter as well.

 

So Cooper did beat Ryle but I think anyone would agree that Ryle was without its best two hitters, it's best setter, and it's libero. Kudos to Cooper tho....looking forward to districts.

Unbelievable!! :ohbrother: I add the disclaimer & some still find another excuse as to why the score wasn't in Ryle's favor!! To be honest, the Ryle players & coaches aren't using excuses. They accept the loss because everyone knows you learn something from it!! They knew there would be something missing with A. Bush out & they adapted. Other players stepped up & have done a great job of hitting for Ryle but do you hear anything about that? I feel sorry for those players like the Butler sisters & Stinson who have done amazing while missing A. Bush! Luckily Ryle has a coaching staff that doesn't run on excuses, something Ryle fans should take note of!! There is a reason coaches have more than 6 players on a team!! There is always a "backup" for each position for this exact reason. A good team will adapt & given the majority of these players needing to step up are underclassmen, that should be promising as far as Ryle's future is concerned!! So stop saying everyone doesn't know the whole story because we do know!! We all know A.Bush is out and to be honest Barber has been questionable on whether she played or not since Bluegrass games. The fact she wears headgear & still manages to sustain another head injury (#4 that I know of) is extremely scary!!

I don't know where Stinson came from but she is a powerful hitter too! She seems not as confident in the back row but that will come with experience as well.

 

Please don't discount what the rest of the team has done just because the star player isn't on the court. They were forced to make changes to the lineup and weren't as successful as they have been in the past. Players that may not have seen much varsity playing time stepped up and did really well! Ashley is amazing and a true leader on the court, but she can't play all 6 positions! She will be back soon and things will be back to normal - then we will see what Ryle does. They are always going to be one of the top teams in the area - great coaching at middle school/high school and excellent club experiences makes a significant difference.

 

Cooper was the better team yesterday - regardless of who was or wasn't on the court. The Ryle/Cooper match up will be a game to see! No doubt about it! And I'm really looking forward to the Ryle/St. Henry game as well!

 

Prayers go out to Chase and her family, as I am sure they are facing some tough decisions about her future volleyball career. It's so hard to see a kid like that go down when they live and breathe volleyball and work so hard to be the great player that Chase has become.

Edited by MyShadow
spelling

  • Author
Unbelievable!! :ohbrother: I add the disclaimer & some still find another excuse as to why the score wasn't in Ryle's favor!! To be honest, the Ryle players & coaches aren't using excuses. They accept the loss because everyone knows you learn something from it!! They knew there would be something missing with A. Bush out & they adapted. Other players stepped up & have done a great job of hitting for Ryle but do you hear anything about that? I feel sorry for those players like the Butler sisters & Stinson who have done amazing while missing A. Bush! Luckily Ryle has a coaching staff that doesn't run on excuses, something Ryle fans should take note of!! There is a reason coaches have more than 6 players on a team!! There is always a "backup" for each position for this exact reason. A good team will adapt & given the majority of these players needing to step up are underclassmen, that should be promising as far as Ryle's future is concerned!! So stop saying everyone doesn't know the whole story because we do know!! We all know A.Bush is out and to be honest Barber has been questionable on whether she played or not since Bluegrass games. The fact she wears headgear & still manages to sustain another head injury (#4 that I know of) is extremely scary!!

 

I am not a Ryle fan just a volleyball fan. If you read my posts over the years, I am mostly an NDA fan. I just like for all the facts to be out there and you seem to leave a lot out.

 

I will chalk it up to you not knowing or understanding the game. There is no other explanation other than that for you to not realize that when Ryle lost Chase they changed their entire line up. I am a big fan of the Butler girls and Stinson, they are nice players and have stepped up for Ryle this year but they are not the players that the Bush girls are, even they would admit that.

 

I am sure Tasha and her staff are okay with the early losses during this tournament because they know that are without their key players. However, they are also realizing the results will be different once A Bush is back and H Bush can hit/set again.

I am not a Ryle fan just a volleyball fan. If you read my posts over the years, I am mostly an NDA fan. I just like for all the facts to be out there and you seem to leave a lot out.

 

I will chalk it up to you not knowing or understanding the game. There is no other explanation other than that for you to not realize that when Ryle lost Chase they changed their entire line up. I am a big fan of the Butler girls and Stinson, they are nice players and have stepped up for Ryle this year but they are not the players that the Bush girls are, even they would admit that.

 

I am sure Tasha and her staff are okay with the early losses during this tournament because they know that are without their key players. However, they are also realizing the results will be different once A Bush is back and H Bush can hit/set again.

Point taken! And so you know a little about me, I am a certified former KY/OH official for volleyball and basketball. I know both games very well & I am also very aware of key players for teams. I do not argue that Ashley Bush is a huge missing piece for Ryle so far this season however I do not feel it is necessary to mention that every time Ryle doesn't exceed expectations!! As a NDA fan, you should remember that NDA did not feel they needed to remind everyone that Heidi Thelen was out last year, so that may have caused them to look a bit different than in previous years. In my opinion, by constantly pointing out key players missing, it takes away from the hard work & strong play from those players forced to step up!! Stinson from Ryle played an amazing game the night I saw her play vs Conner. She has a strong serve & a very strong hit. Both Butler sisters made strong blocks, hits & serves, but where is that in any of the headlines?? Why is no one complaining about that part of the story being left out? Every time an excuse is made as to a key player's absence, it takes away from the great effort of the bench players who have stepped up!! The truth is that once Ashley is back, Ryle will be the top team people imagined, but it won't solely be because they have their key player back. It will be because Tasha developed bench players to carry the team in positions that might not have been their specialty while Ashley was out!!

At the end of the day, the scoreboard only shows who won and who lost. It doesn't show who played & who didn't. The better team of that night wins & if the losing team happens to be missing a star player or 2, it's called bad luck & not an excuse!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.