Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lafayette 2014/2015

Featured Replies

Just got a report from a good friend who told me that there was a kid that I needed to give a shout out to. This is coming from someone whose opinion on the game I've known and have both relied on for awhile and greatly respect, so here goes:

 

I'm hearing that Lucky Jackson is having a great summer. The report I was given, which I'd trust as my own, was that he really stepped up and led Lafayette at Transylvania's team camp. He might not be filling up the scoring column, but he is doing work.

 

Kid is a warrior and is just the kind of player who is selfless and gritty enough to step up and lead them, and so far, I've heard nothing but good things about how they've performed under his leadership. They're not going to go ask him to drop 30 so they have a chance to win, and he might not be the most talented basketball player (because honestly, he may be a better wideout than anything else), but when it comes to getting his team ready to go to war, it looks like he's been able to inspire Lafayette so far.

 

(Warning: let me borrow some hyperbole here so no one freaks out).

 

Scary news for the rest of the 11th, because Dontavion "Lucky" Jackson plays like the kind of kid that, if he were captured by the Mayans in the 1800's, they'd have probably eaten his heart for courage.

 

If that attitude is infectious enough to rub off on still developing big-man Ross Davis, is enough to lead by example for Jajuante Carpenter to get better each day whether it's in a game or practice, and maybe even gives a little more edge to a kid like Harrison Lane, then the rest of the 11th should be on notice.

 

 

Personally, I know Davis is going to do well at Butler, but I always wondered how he effected team chemistry. I'm not sure how things like his cheering when he became Lafayette's all-time scoring leader on a free throw despite the team being down 20+ was as well received by everyone else as he'd celebrated it in the moment, and that's not the only inference I'd really had.

 

 

What I'm trying to say is, for whatever reason, don't think the Generals are taking a step back just because Davis is gone-- Lafayette might be a team with less talent but more chemistry. From what I'm hearing, if everyone plays just as hard as Lucky, I think they'll be just fine.

Does anyone know the status of Shon Wright? Is he healthy and does he intend to play this year?

Just got a report from a good friend who told me that there was a kid that I needed to give a shout out to. This is coming from someone whose opinion on the game I've known and have both relied on for awhile and greatly respect, so here goes:

 

I'm hearing that Lucky Jackson is having a great summer. The report I was given, which I'd trust as my own, was that he really stepped up and led Lafayette at Transylvania's team camp. He might not be filling up the scoring column, but he is doing work.

 

Kid is a warrior and is just the kind of player who is selfless and gritty enough to step up and lead them, and so far, I've heard nothing but good things about how they've performed under his leadership. They're not going to go ask him to drop 30 so they have a chance to win, and he might not be the most talented basketball player (because honestly, he may be a better wideout than anything else), but when it comes to getting his team ready to go to war, it looks like he's been able to inspire Lafayette so far.

 

(Warning: let me borrow some hyperbole here so no one freaks out).

 

Scary news for the rest of the 11th, because Dontavion "Lucky" Jackson plays like the kind of kid that, if he were captured by the Mayans in the 1800's, they'd have probably eaten his heart for courage.

 

If that attitude is infectious enough to rub off on still developing big-man Ross Davis, is enough to lead by example for Jajuante Carpenter to get better each day whether it's in a game or practice, and maybe even gives a little more edge to a kid like Harrison Lane, then the rest of the 11th should be on notice.

 

 

Personally, I know Davis is going to do well at Butler, but I always wondered how he effected team chemistry. I'm not sure how things like his cheering when he became Lafayette's all-time scoring leader on a free throw despite the team being down 20+ was as well received by everyone else as he'd celebrated it in the moment, and that's not the only inference I'd really had.

 

 

What I'm trying to say is, for whatever reason, don't think the Generals are taking a step back just because Davis is gone-- Lafayette might be a team with less talent but more chemistry. From what I'm hearing, if everyone plays just as hard as Lucky, I think they'll be just fine.

 

Very athletic kid. He is not very big and is very strong handed. Does he shoot it well enough for the next level?

I also think Davis will have a great career at Butler. That is a great fit IMO.

  • Author
Very athletic kid. He is not very big and is very strong handed. Does he shoot it well enough for the next level?

 

I think Jackson's ride is probably as a football player.

Who's looking at him?

Lucky is committed to WKU as a wideout

  • Author

Was told a bit ago that Shon Wright, a kid who played with the Travelers' EYBL point two summers ago, was injured while playing this summer. Word is that it's a knee injury that's serious enough that he wouldn't be able to play at all this season.

Was told a bit ago that Shon Wright, a kid who played with the Travelers' EYBL point two summers ago, was injured while playing this summer. Word is that it's a knee injury that's serious enough that he wouldn't be able to play at all this season.

 

Hate to hear this. Keep us updated.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.