Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paris 76 Bracken County 67 (10th Region All A)

Featured Replies

  • Author

Cameron Downey leads Paris with 20. James Clark scores 12. Koebe Garrard with 11.

 

Austin Crawford leads all scorers with 23. Nate Haight adds 19.

  • Author

Polar Bears shoot 21-39 from the free throw line.

 

Greyhounds shoot 25-38 from the free throw line.

Final from Regents Hall.

 

I was in attendance at tonight's game. Although I have a child playing for Brossart, I spent time in Brooksville in the Bracken County School System. So, I quietly cheer for Bracken, when they are not playing Brossart. I thought Bracken played a good, competitive game against Paris. Several times they could have folded, but they charged back into it. Bracken would get close to taking a lead, but missed free throws seemed to be their Achilles heel. Especially in the 4th quarter. Austin Crawford is a very nice player. He has a great shot. The Cummins boy plays with a lot of passion and the Haight boy hit some timely shots. Those of us in the cheap seats were hoping Bracken could pull out a win. They had great fan support and would have made for a packed house on Wednesday. Good luck to Bracken, with the rest of their season.

  • Author
I was in attendance at tonight's game. Although I have a child playing for Brossart, I spent time in Brooksville in the Bracken County School System. So, I quietly cheer for Bracken, when they are not playing Brossart. I thought Bracken played a good, competitive game against Paris. Several times they could have folded, but they charged back into it. Bracken would get close to taking a lead, but missed free throws seemed to be their Achilles heel. Especially in the 4th quarter. Austin Crawford is a very nice player. He has a great shot. The Cummins boy plays with a lot of passion and the Haight boy hit some timely shots. Those of us in the cheap seats were hoping Bracken could pull out a win. They had great fan support and would have made for a packed house on Wednesday. Good luck to Bracken, with the rest of their season.

 

Wish I knew you were there. I would have come & said hey. :thumb:

 

You're right that Bracken played a quality game, not including the free throw shooting. In the 2nd half Coach Persinger seemed to basically let Crawford do his thing & Paris really didn't have anyone who could stay in front of him. Austin scored 18 in that 2nd half, but really left some points at the FT line (11-21 FT's). Good to see Haight play well. Polar Bears need him to be a consistent #2 scorer if they want to return to the Regional Tournament.

 

Of course, Paris won this game & they were able to do so without a great performance from Koebe Garrard. I was highly impressed with the point guard play of James Clark. He can get to the basket & has a really nice touch on his outside shot. Just as Paris had no one to stay in front of Crawford, the Polar Bears had no one who could contain Clark. I thought Cameron Downey was outstanding as well & really plays the role of savvy veteran well on this young Greyhounds team. And I was pleasantly surprised at the play of William O'Bryan down low. Especially in the first half, O'Bryan played a good inside game & even hit a 3.

 

For Paris to even think about staying close to Brossart, Garrard will have to step his game up & Downey will need to have a similar performance. They are a talented group who will contend for the Class A in years to come, but I think the 'Stangs will be too much on Wednesday night.

  • Author

And it was really nice to catch up with TAC & Mustang. Those are two cool cats & represent their school with class. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.