Highlands 11 Ryle 1 (JV)

Highlands JV improves to 9-0 on the young season and continues their torrid hitting at Ryle with 18 hits, lead by SO Orne with 4 hits and SO Venneman and FR Walkenhorst with 3 hits each. All 9 starters had at least 1 hit. SO Ramey drives in 3 runs for the Birds. SO Ball hurls a complete game scattering 6 hits over 6 innings, striking out 4 and walking only 2.

Ryle is lead by N. Berg and Boswell with 2 hits each. Lonneman (4 innings) and Allen (2 innings) pitched for Ryle

JV Birds are en fuego. Happy to see it for Reynolds. He does a great job with the kids from both a social and fundamentals standpoint. Importantly, he makes it fun to play baseball and that is critical to recruitment and retention of talented players. I know there are Frosh who are looking forward to their JV time and JV players who want to make it to Varsity, but will miss Reynolds when they move up.

Ryle took it on the chin twice today with a lost to CCH JV 16-3.

To state it mildly.

I didn't grow up on a farm, so I was never taken out behind the woodshed (I did get hit with a belt and hairbrush though :lol2:), but would have to assume it would look and feel something like what happened to Ryle today. From the first pitch of the CCH game until the last pitch of the HHS game, they were outpitched, outhit, outdefended, and outplayed. Add in that their opponents are both very good teams and it was pretty much a beatdown. Congrats to CCH and HHS. I believe the Raiders will have a chance for redemption later this season.

The good news for the Raiders is that they are 50x better than what they showed yesterday and still very capable of winning the region. I would expect them to come out with a ton of energy and intensity against Campbell tomorrow and erase the memories of two very ugly games.