Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Region Team State Tournament?

Featured Replies

Why don't the state of Kentucky have an All Region Team State Tournament? Consisting of Each Region playing the Tourney like the regular format is when you get to the Sweet 16? I think this would be fun for the kids to see where there Region stands among talent in the state and I think it would be GREAT for the fans! I know I would attend this every year. I know there is an East/West game. But narrowing it down from the Regions would make this alot more interesting. The proceeds could go toward scholarships or something or some charity. We could play this at Rupp/Memorial, wherever. But I think this would be AWESOME! Would just like to see what everyone thought about this idea and if we could push this to make this happen. :thumb:

Why don't the state of Kentucky have an All Region Team State Tournament? Consisting of Each Region playing the Tourney like the regular format is when you get to the Sweet 16? I think this would be fun for the kids to see where there Region stands among talent in the state and I think it would be GREAT for the fans! I know I would attend this every year. I know there is an East/West game. But narrowing it down from the Regions would make this alot more interesting. The proceeds could go toward scholarships or something or some charity. We could play this at Rupp/Memorial, wherever. But I think this would be AWESOME! Would just like to see what everyone thought about this idea and if we could push this to make this happen. :thumb:

 

 

The problems:

 

Picking the players:

You want to be the most hated man in the Region for not picking Johhny over Peter, and what school did you go to becuase they had two more players on the team than mine. Trust me, the first and biggest hangup to your idea would be picking the players.

 

School:

You do remember that the real reason that the kids go to it is to get an education (not in basketball) and with the travel, practice, games etc. how much more school will the kids miss. While his education isn't the most important thing to Peter right now, he will wish when he grows up and tries to earn a living that he had put in a little more into it. See he just wasn't good enough to make the NBA and that great SEC school he thought he would get into, well his grades and ACT/SAT scores didn't quite match up to what the University needs him to get since the NCAA is putting tighter controls on players really being students.

 

Cost:

Who pays for the Coach to coach, the practice gyms, the insurance, the gas to travel, etc...

 

Would they play:

Johnny has already signed with UK and doesn't need to show off his talents and doesn't want to get hurt, and Peter while he has a couple of schools looking at him, he is afraid that if he doesn't play strong old college u just might not want him anymore. Now Billy, no one has seen him play as his team doesn't really play anyone who is any good, but his stats are out of this world, and Billy thinks he can compete, but of course as soon as he shows up in the first practice he realizes that he got all his stats because he played agaisnt very poor teams. Oh BTW Larry is even a better Baseball player than basketball player and his baseball coach told him that if really wants that major league contract he needs to get to practice, Baseball that is.

 

Fans:

The High School season is long enough now, and if you really would like to see more BBall go watch some of the AAU teams play in the summer, as they are pretty much what you are talking about now.

 

Money:

The all star games that are now being played really are lucky to break even. What would make you believe that this wouldn't be the case now.

 

Now after all that I would love to see it hapen, but what you might find out is it wouldn't be the stars you would see playing but the want to be stars, who have nothing else to do.

The problems:

 

Picking the players:

You want to be the most hated man in the Region for not picking Johhny over Peter, and what school did you go to becuase they had two more players on the team than mine. Trust me, the first and biggest hangup to your idea would be picking the players.

 

School:

You do remember that the real reason that the kids go to it is to get an education (not in basketball) and with the travel, practice, games etc. how much more school will the kids miss. While his education isn't the most important thing to Peter right now, he will wish when he grows up and tries to earn a living that he had put in a little more into it. See he just wasn't good enough to make the NBA and that great SEC school he thought he would get into, well his grades and ACT/SAT scores didn't quite match up to what the University needs him to get since the NCAA is putting tighter controls on players really being students.

 

Cost:

Who pays for the Coach to coach, the practice gyms, the insurance, the gas to travel, etc...

 

Would they play:

Johnny has already signed with UK and doesn't need to show off his talents and doesn't want to get hurt, and Peter while he has a couple of schools looking at him, he is afraid that if he doesn't play strong old college u just might not want him anymore. Now Billy, no one has seen him play as his team doesn't really play anyone who is any good, but his stats are out of this world, and Billy thinks he can compete, but of course as soon as he shows up in the first practice he realizes that he got all his stats because he played agaisnt very poor teams. Oh BTW Larry is even a better Baseball player than basketball player and his baseball coach told him that if really wants that major league contract he needs to get to practice, Baseball that is.

 

Fans:

The High School season is long enough now, and if you really would like to see more BBall go watch some of the AAU teams play in the summer, as they are pretty much what you are talking about now.

 

Money:

The all star games that are now being played really are lucky to break even. What would make you believe that this wouldn't be the case now.

 

Now after all that I would love to see it hapen, but what you might find out is it wouldn't be the stars you would see playing but the want to be stars, who have nothing else to do.

 

Talk about bursting a guy's bubble... :lol: :lol:

Talk about bursting a guy's bubble... :lol: :lol:

 

 

:laugh: :laugh:

  • Author
The problems:

 

Picking the players:

You want to be the most hated man in the Region for not picking Johhny over Peter, and what school did you go to becuase they had two more players on the team than mine. Trust me, the first and biggest hangup to your idea would be picking the players.

 

School:

You do remember that the real reason that the kids go to it is to get an education (not in basketball) and with the travel, practice, games etc. how much more school will the kids miss. While his education isn't the most important thing to Peter right now, he will wish when he grows up and tries to earn a living that he had put in a little more into it. See he just wasn't good enough to make the NBA and that great SEC school he thought he would get into, well his grades and ACT/SAT scores didn't quite match up to what the University needs him to get since the NCAA is putting tighter controls on players really being students.

 

Cost:

Who pays for the Coach to coach, the practice gyms, the insurance, the gas to travel, etc...

 

Would they play:

Johnny has already signed with UK and doesn't need to show off his talents and doesn't want to get hurt, and Peter while he has a couple of schools looking at him, he is afraid that if he doesn't play strong old college u just might not want him anymore. Now Billy, no one has seen him play as his team doesn't really play anyone who is any good, but his stats are out of this world, and Billy thinks he can compete, but of course as soon as he shows up in the first practice he realizes that he got all his stats because he played agaisnt very poor teams. Oh BTW Larry is even a better Baseball player than basketball player and his baseball coach told him that if really wants that major league contract he needs to get to practice, Baseball that is.

 

Fans:

The High School season is long enough now, and if you really would like to see more BBall go watch some of the AAU teams play in the summer, as they are pretty much what you are talking about now.

 

Money:

The all star games that are now being played really are lucky to break even. What would make you believe that this wouldn't be the case now.

 

Now after all that I would love to see it hapen, but what you might find out is it wouldn't be the stars you would see playing but the want to be stars, who have nothing else to do.

That is the main problem right now with parents and everyone else in everything in general. Nobody has enough backbone to say that your kid isn't good enough to play. Each coach could vote for 13 players and could not vote for his/her own. Flyers could be handed out to each team asking them if they would be interested and telling the kids what all there is to be done, such as traveling to say Hazard everyday in the 14th region. And the coaches could vote on the players who included there names in the running. There are plenty of people to sponsor teams, NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL! So enough about Peter, Larry and Billy. I guess that would be something that the 3 would have to decide on, that 1 in a billion major league contract or being chosen to represent your region in a statewide basketball tournament.

That is the main problem right now with parents and everyone else in everything in general. Nobody has enough backbone to say that your kid isn't good enough to play. Each coach could vote for 13 players and could not vote for his/her own. Flyers could be handed out to each team asking them if they would be interested and telling the kids what all there is to be done, such as traveling to say Hazard everyday in the 14th region. And the coaches could vote on the players who included there names in the running. There are plenty of people to sponsor teams, NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL! So enough about Peter, Larry and Billy. I guess that would be something that the 3 would have to decide on, that 1 in a billion major league contract or being chosen to represent your region in a statewide basketball tournament.

 

 

I can understand your concern, but have you personally had a parent scream and yell at you, or have received telephone calls at night because Steve didn't play as much as Joey did? I have, and I only coached little kid’s teams. Of course Mom forgot all the kids play the same amount unless of course they don't show up to practice or Mom calls to say why they can’t be at practice. Don’t talk about parents and backbones in the same sentence until you get older, because the fights you have today are nothing to want parents have and what you will have later in life if and when you have children.

 

Also as a person who was a sponsor of High School teams especially, and I am proud to say the girl’s sports in the early 80's, my company and many other just don't have as much funds as you might think. The extra funds I personally over saw I would rather go to the local school and local kids than the elite ones.

 

And BTW if you do this for the Boy's of course you are going to be doing it for the girls? Correct? Oh and while we are at it, you will be doing it in Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Swimming, cross country shall I keep going on because in this PC world of ours you can't (unless you have more money than smarts) treat anyone different.

  • Author
I can understand your concern, but have you personally had a parent scream and yell at you, or have received telephone calls at night because Steve didn't play as much as Joey did? I have, and I only coached little kid’s teams. Of course Mom forgot all the kids play the same amount unless of course they don't show up to practice or Mom calls to say why they can’t be at practice. Don’t talk about parents and backbones in the same sentence until you get older, because the fights you have today are nothing to want parents have and what you will have later in life if and when you have children.

 

Also as a person who was a sponsor of High School teams especially, and I am proud to say the girl’s sports in the early 80's, my company and many other just don't have as much funds as you might think. The extra funds I personally over saw I would rather go to the local school and local kids than the elite ones.

 

And BTW if you do this for the Boy's of course you are going to be doing it for the girls? Correct? Oh and while we are at it, you will be doing it in Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Swimming, cross country shall I keep going on because in this PC world of ours you can't (unless you have more money than smarts) treat anyone different.

Yes I coach, and each parent gets a little white sheet prior to the season! If they don't like the way I do things, then take little Joey or Joanie home! I see that they got the best of you and guarantee that you probably started little Joey the next time after Bubba got in touch with you! Sorry, I could care less what parents think of the way I do things, you coach to win, in my book anyways! :thumb: And if you can't find enough businesses to help support your kids in a WHOLE REGION, then that says alot about the people from the area! :thumb:

Yes I coach, and each parent gets a little white sheet prior to the season! If they don't like the way I do things, then take little Joey or Joanie home! I see that they got the best of you and guarantee that you probably started little Joey the next time after Bubba got in touch with you! Sorry, I could care less what parents think of the way I do things, you coach to win, in my book anyways! :thumb: And if you can't find enough businesses to help support your kids in a WHOLE REGION, then that says alot about the people from the area! :thumb:

 

I am really glad you coach Hall9! Thanks for coaching children and helping them grow up. I too had a sheet with rules too but...... you know little Joey was only seven and you know he was doing what his Mom made him do. Who are you hurting the kid or the parent. As the kids got older, and we played in better leagues of course I enforce the rules more, but for little kids lets say under grade six I wanted them to have more fun.

 

I umpired for five years while in HS and College and even worked with Randy Marsh (currently a MLB umpire). I coached knothole baseball for over ten years without having a child much less having one on the team. I also coached a girls soccer team from the time the kids were six to two years ago and now most play for HS teams. I even got to coach against Chris Collinsworth in soccer, the kids thouht that was great. No the parents didn't get to me, getting old did. Game day wasn't bad but after hurting my knee in practice and getting knee surgery because of it, my wife said no more. :D

Read the below article about Chris Collinsworth and his idea about coaching kids. I agree with every word he says.

 

The Sunday Challenger

 

Do you realize how many times a month a businessman get asked for support from the community? Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Bands, Cheerleaders, Heart assocation, the Community Chest, Boy's and Girls Club, Knotlehole Baseball I can on and on and on......

This would be incredibly fun and exciting and also incredibly tough to plan and pull off.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.