Teams playing too much in little time?

I was just wondering what everyone else's thoughts on this topic were. I'm talking about these tournaments where teams play 3 and 4 and 5 games. A game a day for a week and even 2 games in the same day. From a coaches standpoint, or any standpoint for that matter, I feel this leads to fatigue and could open up the possibility for injuries. Before anyone says it, I know you have to be in shape to play this game, but I'm also talking about muscles and tendons ect... I just feel that if I were coaching, I would not enter my team in a tourney that would have the possibility of playing 2 games in one day or 3 games in 3 days or even more. Two games in two days, or 3 games in 4 days is ok, but I feel some of these teams are playing too much too fast. Also if your team is in a slump, it offers no or very little time to regroup or correct problems with your offenses or defenses. IMO!

I was just wondering what everyone else's thoughts on this topic were. I'm talking about these tournaments where teams play 3 and 4 and 5 games. A game a day for a week and even 2 games in the same day. From a coaches standpoint, or any standpoint for that matter, I feel this leads to fatigue and could open up the possibility for injuries. Before anyone says it, I know you have to be in shape to play this game, but I'm also talking about muscles and tendons ect... I just feel that if I were coaching, I would not enter my team in a tourney that would have the possibility of playing 2 games in one day or 3 games in 3 days or even more. Two games in two days, or 3 games in 4 days is ok, but I feel some of these teams are playing too much too fast. Also if your team is in a slump, it offers no or very little time to regroup or correct problems with your offenses or defenses. IMO!
...than the Sweet 16 would not be an option, because this could very well happen, if you make it to Saturday.

Tournaments like these help prepare teams for District, Region and State play, while giving the head coach and players an idea, of what rotations to go with, weaknesses and hopefully the strong points.

:thumb:

If you have ever played AAU and been invited to a phenom camp, you will play as high as 8 games in one day. They sub alot , but never the less it is an all day thing. It builds indurance. This is middle school kids. They put you on a team with kids you don't know and that is a challenge in it's self. So if you are going to play the teams from Lexington and Louisville, that is what they do. If you want to keep up, the more you play the better you should be. I have heard that SL played AAU from the time they were grade school kids. Not sure about that, but it makes sence. They have camps that last as long as 3 days.