Kentucky Colonels 4 Dayton Classic 1 U-18 Summer Games

In an outstanding duel between two quality pitches from the Classic and Colonels, Ben Maile came out on top. Ben threw a gem of a game today keeping the Classic to just one run on 4 hits.

Tom Arnzen came in to earn a save by pitching a clean seventh innings for the Colonels.

I wish I knew the name of the Dayton Classic pitcher #28 as he too threw a gem and went the distance for them in a outstanding effort.

Ky Colonels U-18 Pitching

Maile (W) 85 pitches 6 innings 4 hits 1 run 1 earned run 1 walk 9 K's and 1 HR

Arnzen (Sv) 8 pitches 1 inning 0 hits 0 runs 0 walks and 0 K's

Ky Colonels U-18 Hitting

Popham (Dixie) 3 PA 1 walk and 1 cs

Lonkard (Ryle) 3 PA

Roberts (Conner) 3 PA 1 hit

Lankheit (CovCath) 3 PA 2 runs 2 hits (Double) and 1fc

Freidel (Elder) 3 PA 1 run 2 hits (Double) and 1 rbi

Reese (CovCath) 3 PA 1 run 2 hits and 1 rbi

Cottrell (Walton V) 3 PA 1 hit 1 walk 2 rbi's and 1 sb

Arnzen (CovCath) 3 PA 1 hit and 1 walk

Severson (CovCath) 2 PA 1 K

Ryle (Conner) 2 PA

Edited by Theoldguy

Theoldguy came home today feeling really good about posting something in the CovCath vs. Newport 9th Region game thread last week and in fact it made me feel so good, I was floating on a cloud all day.

Seems when I wrote in that tread that it was a shame that both Orr and Jones of Newport weren't getting any College offers and they weren't playing Summer Ball, one of our BGP's guys read my thread and contacted a friend of his who runs the Cincinnati River Bats team and they offered both contracts to play summer ball for them. Saw Mr. Orr play two games today and spoke to him and he is as happy as can be. Jones isn't playing yet as they are waiting for his Father to get back in town to sign the contract since Jones is still a minor.

Thanks to one of our BGP's member for reading my post and hooking the kids up with the River Bats team, it's great that both get to play for a high quality program like the River Bats.

Theoldguy came home today feeling really good about posting something in the CovCath vs. Newport 9th Region game thread last week and in fact it made me feel so good, I was floating on a cloud all day.

Seems when I wrote in that tread that it was a shame that both Orr and Jones of Newport weren't getting any College offers and they weren't playing Summer Ball, one of our BGP's guys read my thread and contacted a friend of his who runs the Cincinnati River Bats team and they offered both contracts to play summer ball for them. Saw Mr. Orr play two games today and spoke to him and he is as happy as can be. Jones isn't playing yet as they are waiting for his Father to get back in town to sign the contract since Jones is still a minor.

Thanks to one of our BGP's member for reading my post and hooking the kids up with the River Bats team, it's great that both get to play for a high quality program like the River Bats.

Well I guess they didn't like playing on a team with a lot of exposure, as both didn't show up when they said they would this past Wednesday. They had an incredible deal too! The team is in Indy this weekend, and they also travel to Atlanta, Nashville and Michigan that I know of.

Well I guess they didn't like playing on a team with a lot of exposure, as both didn't show up when they said they would this past Wednesday. They had an incredible deal too! The team is in Indy this weekend, and they also travel to Atlanta, Nashville and Michigan that I know of.
Ok for some reason the post I made earlier on my phone didn't post. Orr is on this team, and from what I hear had a very good weekend in Indy! The message I got was confusing, but Orr is on the RiverBats!