Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wrestling Mat Needed

Featured Replies

The wrestling program, at Pike Central, is currently without a mat due to the former administrators decision to sell it.

The former head coach is looking to purchase a wrestling mat for the team. Mat must be at least 40X40 and in good condition.

Anyone knowing of one for sale please respond to this thread.

 

Thanks,

I would look at Pinnacle. They sell reconditioned 40X40 mats for around $6500.

  • Author

Thanks, I did look at that site.

What is the name brand of the mats used at the state.

If I am not mistaken they are a little cheeper.

Will Pike Central have a team this year?

  • Author

Region8fan,

 

I guess if you want to call it a team. 6 possibly 7 kids. And two coaches that know nothing of the sport except for the money they are being paid. Not like the teams in the past. At least the previous teams competed against many of the top teams in the state and traveled all over the state to get the experience.

 

But now the former head coach wants to find a mat for them since the former administrator sold them to kill the program. Vendictive little person he was "IMO"

 

Sad situation, again.

Is the school buying a mat for the program or Coach Rocca buying it? Call Crown Gym Mats in Barrington,Illinois. They handled used mats also.

  • Author

Thanks for the info. I do not believe the school will purchase the mat,Thus I believe the former coach is looking into purchasing one ...And believe this ot not....No strings attached either.

Thanks, I did look at that site.

What is the name brand of the mats used at the state.

If I am not mistaken they are a little cheeper.

They are cheaper. They are by a company called Dollamur. The contact they announced at the State Meet was Dave Coons. I am sure he would help out in a pinch.

Dollamur Site

Hope they are able to keep their program going. Good luck to Pike Central sounds like they are in a tough situation.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.