Newport Central Catholic 6 St. Henry 5 (8 innings)

So tell us a little about the game, if you would sir!

Thanks in advance for the information!

Well, top of the seventh the Crusaders go out on the field with a 5-3 lead. Then the first hitter gets a single. Next guy gets walked. So it's a guy on first and second. The hitter lays down a sacrifice bunt. Now it's second and third with 2 outs. The hitter gets down 1-2 and the next pitch is a fastball from Zerhusen on the outside corner of the plate that could of ended the game. But nope, the umpire calls it a ball. Next pitch, the hitter hits a rope to left field that ties the game up. The Crusaders get out of it and go bat

It's the bottom of the 7th and the Crusaders are at the top of their lineup. Conley grounds out. Bryant walks then steals. Miller strikes out. Bryant advances on a wild pitch. Peddicord battles long and hard fouling off multiple foul balls, but didn't get the job done. He ends up with a fly out to the center fielder.

So tell us a little about the game, if you would sir!

Thanks in advance for the information!

Sorry I accidentally hit a button and it submitted my recap of the game before I was done so I will continue where I left off. The Thoroughbreds end up scoring off a dropped fly ball hit to the St. Henry center fielder and the crusaders couldn't get the job done in the bottom of the eight.

Sorry I accidentally hit a button and it submitted my recap of the game before I was done so I will continue where I left off. The Thoroughbreds end up scoring off a dropped fly ball hit to the St. Henry center fielder and the crusaders couldn't get the job done in the bottom of the eight.

Thanks and nicely done! :thumb:

Now instead of just posting the score next time, post about the games that the Cru play in.

Again great job and thanks for the information! :notworthy: