Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Whitley County 54 South Laurel 14

Featured Replies

Whitley County 54 South Laurel 14

 

Final

 

Colonels score early and often, and never let South even think they could compete.

This was the most class less team I have ever witnessed in Kentucky High School Football. Welch(does not deserve to be called Coach) should be removed from his postion imediatley. Not only did he let all that garbage go on ,he contributed to it. After every big play Souths players would go to hurt one of Whitleys players, they would cut them, hit in the back, punch, grab the face mask and swing them, and even seen one boy kick another in the jewels. The officials never had control, if they would have tossed one of the players it might have stopped it. Whitley knew they could not do anything and risk having to sit out next week. Welch then uses all his time outs to prolong the game so they could get in a few more cheap shots in.

I am not a SL hater, I respect Coach Wright and what he has done with the basketball program, and I thouht the world of Jep when he was a Cardnial, but this is a million miles away from what Jep would put on the field. There is no room in football to try to take out players with cheap shots.

Heck even when Welch was talking to his boys after the game only about half went over to listen to him, the others were trying to fight the Colonels still when Coach Black was speaking to his players telling them to keep their mouths shut and get to the locker room. The other were flipping off us fans and calling us names, and a few more were laying on the field rolling around(not sure what they were doing) but it was a total lack of control.

That being said, Good luck to the Colonels this week against the Maroons

Are you saying Welch has no class along with an inability to coach. This sounds like a good combination.

  • Author

I left about mid way through the third quarter, I was impressed more with the composure of the Colonels than their offensive line which was impressive indeed. I thought I was the only one seeing the late hits, cuts and punches, I saw #3 for Whitley take about 3 or 4 closed fist punches on one play and I had enough, although I was impressed that he just went back to the hudde while the opposing player continued to spout unsportsman like venom. I did not want to see a good football team crippled in the playoffs by getting someone ejected for retaliation. I tuned in the game on the radio on the way home and was suprised that the announcers were not talking about it, I guess Jim Black talked to them too.

 

Whiltey played strong from the opening kick. The defense was rock solid although they did give some ground to the outside, I was impressed with the penatration the defensive line got, used strength and speed.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.