Barren Co 14 Glasgow 13

SEMPERFIFALCON

Excellent game to watch! The game actualy did not go into overtime. It ended in regulation. Glasgow jumped out to a 13-0 lead at halftime, then Barren County stormed back and won the game in the fourth quarter.

Glasgow marched down the field the last drive of the game, but on 4th and 4 Glasgow decides for the field goal as time runs out and it never came close.

IInteresting note, Coach Lindsey pulled most of the starters there towards the end. Sophmore QB Trey Alexander finished out the game for Glasgow. I'm not sure if Lindsey was hurt or what? Maybe Coach Lindsey giving the younger kids a chance to shine?

Excellent game to watch! The game actualy did not go into overtime. It ended in regulation. Glasgow jumped out to a 13-0 lead at halftime, then Barren County stormed back and won the game in the fourth quarter.

Glasgow marched down the field the last drive of the game, but on 4th and 4 Glasgow decides for the field goal as time runs out and it never came close.

IInteresting note, Coach Lindsey pulled most of the starters there towards the end. Sophmore QB Trey Alexander finished out the game for Glasgow. I'm not sure if Lindsey was hurt or what? Maybe Coach Lindsey giving the younger kids a chance to shine?

What’s the temperature of the Glasgow fan base right now? I imagine their pretty hot...

Well, starting out 0-3 with a team that was "supposed" to dominate doesn't have Glasgow fans jumping for joy... I think people get more angry about the play calling then anything.

Glasgow actually started off last night's game with a pass and threw the ball more than usual... but at the end of the game on the 3rd down and 5 (before the 4th and 4 field goal) Glasgow decided to run the ball... which really didnt please the fans (or at least the radio announcers).

But IMO, you cant put all the blame on the coaches for the horrible start. Poor tackling has been a thorn at Glasgow's side. Half the time the opposition runs right past a Scottie Defender with out the Defender even attempting to make a tackle. If they do attempt they put a hand around the player and that's about it. No wrapping up, no attempting to tackle. You could put a fast middle school team out there right now and run circles around the Scotties. Luckly, Lamar Howard played D last night, so hopefully he'll get some more time back there. Maybe a little Blake Perkins in the D also, and then you have at least two tacklers.

So yeah, spirits aren't high in Glasgow... we can only hope things get better!